Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think the people who design Maternity Bra's have never actually worn them?

(34 Posts)
CheshireDing Sun 25-Oct-15 08:01:08

Why do they have to make the sides really deep so they dig into my armpits? I guess they will say it's to prevent boob overspill or something to the sides but I think I would rather that than then constantly pulling it down a bit.

I have already cut away at the sides of a couple of them and tried a few different makes, they are always so uncomfortable.

Bra's are not the most comfortable thing to wear at the best of times but now I have gone from a B to DD they are even more annoying sad

dementedpixie Sun 25-Oct-15 08:03:57

Are you sure your size is correct? Where were you measured? A lot of places add extra inches to the back size which makes the back size too big and the cup too small

dementedpixie Sun 25-Oct-15 08:04:58

thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.co.uk/p/fitting-advice.html

SapientPearwood Sun 25-Oct-15 08:06:18

I got really comfortable ones from aldi

JasperDamerel Sun 25-Oct-15 08:11:39

Bravado bras are the most comfortable bras I have ever worn.

thegiddylimit Sun 25-Oct-15 08:19:47

I doubt you were a B to begin with. Give us your measurements (below your boobs and also bent over braless round the biggest part of your boobs) and wait for the bra gurus to tell you your real size. Wearing the correct sized bra is a revelation.

CheshireDing Sun 25-Oct-15 08:22:15

I got measured at M&S and Bravissimo, they both said 36DD (I was a 34B before).

The cup itself does seem to fit to be fair, just the sides dig under my armpits, they seem too deep (unless I am a weird small shaped person) excluding my current big boobs!

I will have a look at the link too thanks

TitusAndromedon Sun 25-Oct-15 08:31:01

I just hate the lack of lift. I had to stop wearing underwire bras because they were killing my ribs, even in a bigger size. Now I feel like I'm doomed to suffer sad, droopy boob indefinitely. I can cope for the winter, when my sad chest can be covered by jumpers, but what if I'm still breastfeeding in the spring and need to wear nursing bras?

SalemSaberhagen Sun 25-Oct-15 08:38:32

www.brasizecalculator.tk Op please input your measurements into here and tell us what it says

SalemSaberhagen Sun 25-Oct-15 08:42:27

titus there is great group on Facebook called 'can I breastfeed in it UK'. Loads of suggestions of lovely maternity bras and nice clothes that have easy access and don't make you look like a sack of shit.

TaliZorah Sun 25-Oct-15 08:42:33

Salem that calculator is great. Just used it and it gives me 1-2 cups above what I'm wearing now which as I'm quadboobing sounds right.

OP maternity bras are awful. If you're in the right size there's no reason to wear one. I wore underwires while pregnant.

SorrelForbes Sun 25-Oct-15 08:45:55

Yep maternity bras aren't really necessary. Both the above links are pretty accurate for finding your size.

Sighing Sun 25-Oct-15 08:49:46

Dig in? Are you wearing underwires? I wear sports bras for maternity. Much more comfy.

slugseatlettuce Sun 25-Oct-15 08:53:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SnozzberryPie Sun 25-Oct-15 08:53:20

If they are definitely the right size then it could be that you are quite short in the body and the bands are too thick for youyou? I had this problem with nursing bras which otherwise fit. The ones I could wear were the panache sophie and the anita underwired one (which gives a great shape too).

TitusAndromedon Sun 25-Oct-15 09:01:39

Thanks, Salem, I'll have a look.

Snozzberry, I didn't realise there was such a thing as an underwired nursing bra. How exciting! I imagine that will be ordered shortly after these babies are out!

DisappointedOne Sun 25-Oct-15 09:36:35

I was a KK after having my daughter. I gave up the search for maternity bras pretty quickly and just went back into underwired. Having to remove the whole thing every feed was one of the reasons I exclusively expressed for 8 months. (Not easy to establish feeding when it's impossible to be discrete about it.)

DisappointedOne Sun 25-Oct-15 09:37:38

You can now buy a kit to convert a normal underwired bra to a drop cup bra I think.

JoeMommuh Sun 25-Oct-15 09:38:19

Bravado bras... Heaven. I still wear mine from a pregnancy 4 years ago

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sun 25-Oct-15 09:41:50

Yup, look online for tutorials for converting normal bras. Or Eva Michalak does an underwired maternity bra (Polish website), which was pricey but I lived in it for a year (still wear it a lot - still bf 15mo DS).

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sun 25-Oct-15 09:42:43

I don't like the type where there's a small hole to poke your nipple through. I just wound up pulling the whole thing down instead.

monkeysox Sun 25-Oct-15 10:03:26

Disappointed Royce did up to an L cup blush

Girlwhowearsglasses Sun 25-Oct-15 10:12:11

Underworld BF bras weren't easy to find when I had my DTs but I wore normal underwired after a couple of months. Do health visitors still say that's a bad idea because it 'restricts the milk ducts'? I found it to be necessary and the alternative was very restrictively right and uncomfortable in every level.

Girlwhowearsglasses Sun 25-Oct-15 10:13:29

Oh and I used to just skip the shoulder strap off and book, but wear a vest top to pull down and a top that I could lift up iykwim

DisappointedOne Sun 25-Oct-15 10:14:55

Disappointed Royce did up to an L cup blush

An American L is about a UK H. Like M+S they don't have EE, FF, GG etc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now