Advanced search

To wish I had somebody to go on holiday with

(17 Posts)
FlowersAndShit Sat 24-Oct-15 16:53:16

I would love to go to Disney world in Florida again but I have nobody to go with. I won't go on my own (have PTSD, anxiety, agoraphobia). I'm just frustrated because all of the things i'd like to do include other people, and I have nobody.

brokenhearted55a Sat 24-Oct-15 16:59:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marmaladegranny Sat 24-Oct-15 16:59:42

There are plenty of holiday companies that cater for those who have to, or prefer, to travel alone. I am not going to suggest any as they are often age appropriate or geared to a particular type of single but a few minutes on the internet should find you the right sort of company. They may not offer Disney this year but sometimes alternate destinations over a couple of years

FlowersAndShit Sat 24-Oct-15 17:00:49

I feel awful because people are surprised that I can travel to the other side of the world but struggle to leave the house to go to the shop on my own.

Leavingsosoon Sat 24-Oct-15 17:04:03

I can sympathise with this.

I don't have anxiety or any phobias about going to places on my own; I just wouldn't enjoy it.

memyselfandaye Sat 24-Oct-15 17:05:54

Flowerandshit and brokenhearted

Go together!

MrsTerryPratchett Sat 24-Oct-15 18:46:42

There are great companies that organise group trips, really specific ones as well so you can choose/avoid certain things.

I don't have any challenges like you and still travelling alone is scary and a big ask of myself.

I wonder if Make a Wish or similar ever need volunteers to go with anyone?

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sat 24-Oct-15 18:54:10

I would love to come with you.
An extra pair of hands to help with dd and ds would always be useful!

FlowersAndShit Sat 24-Oct-15 20:05:04

Whycant I would love that smile

memyselfandaye Sat 24-Oct-15 22:47:40

I think there should be a mumsnet holiday, go for it. If you all have the funds to do it you should do it.

Go on, start pm'ing each other and get to know each other, arrange a meet up. What have you got to lose?

FlowersAndShit Sat 24-Oct-15 22:48:51

memyself I'm trying blush

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sat 24-Oct-15 23:07:17

It's only the lack of funds holding us back.

Me, ds and dd would love a holiday with other people around. But I am on maternity leave (unpaid now, extended) while trying to get dd health problems all sorted.

Can I ask you all to send some positive vibes, and I will buy a lottery ticket?

FlowersAndShit Sat 24-Oct-15 23:10:02

Whycant it's ok smile

memyselfandaye Sun 25-Oct-15 00:12:00

Is there any room in the budget for saving anything at all every week? Im sure Ive read on here about those £9.50 sun holidays including holidays abroad.

Is there any way you could save up for one of those holidays even in 2017?

I see so many threads on here started by people who say they are lonely, which I think is so terribly brave to admit, and I often think why don't those that are looking for friends just go for it and start a dialogue with each other, then if they hit it off via pm or email or facebook, then why not arrange a meet up?

It would be nice to see something like that.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 25-Oct-15 00:18:53

At present, there is no chance of saving. But hopefully, they sort our benefits out soon, then we will be sorting things out.

Note:- benefits are only a temp measure while I am on maternity leave, sorting out medical issues. I am a worker. Honest.

memyselfandaye Sun 25-Oct-15 00:44:32

Whycant You don't have to explain yourself to me or anybody else.

Fwiw, I am also a worker and keep meaning to save but it never happens! Champagne tastes on beer money just about sums me up, it goes in the bank and then flies out of the bank at lightning speed.

Next year will be the year I start saving, it will be my resolution, after I've paid for Christmas and then a birthday party for 30+ confused

AtSea1979 Sun 25-Oct-15 00:53:40

I've thought similar myself. But the single parent holiday companies charge a lot more than usual companies.
There is single parent group on meetup in my area, they are planning a camping trip next year but camping really isnt my idea of a relaxing time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now