Talk

Advanced search

to want dh to stay home

(16 Posts)
buildingafootieteam Sat 24-Oct-15 13:49:58

Saying it here so I don't say it to him, coz I know if I ask him to stay he will. Dh has a night out for a friend's stag. He's leaving shortly. Ds1 is vomiting since this morning, no doubt ds2 and ds3 will get it <sigh>
Ds3 is 15 weeks and sleeping badly, ds2 is teething and has sleep regression to go along with it, I'm exhausted.
Anyway time to stop whinging and clean up some vomit

fitzbilly Sat 24-Oct-15 13:52:14

Sounds like tie having a hard time at the moment!

How about you have a day to yourself tomorrow while dh takes over?

CatMilkMan Sat 24-Oct-15 14:06:44

Can you subtly mention that you are going to have a tough time while he is out so he definitely knows you need a break ASAP?
Good luck, I hope your children are better soon.

sneepy Sat 24-Oct-15 14:12:40

Seriously? I wouldn't leave DH in that situation and he wouldn't leave me. Ask him to stay, you won't get any sleep tonight otherwise and you won't be fit to look after them tomorrow.

clam Sat 24-Oct-15 14:23:49

Well, I think I might say that I'd be happy for him to go (sort of) but not to get wasted as he will be on child duty from 9am tomorrow morning, regardless of any hangover.

buildingafootieteam Sat 24-Oct-15 14:27:30

I have to say he's being great here before he goes and he does feel guilty about going. It's a close friend and he'll be meeting up with a gang from college that he hasn't seen in a while. He's on duty with the kids tomorrow coz I'm working for my DPs so he's going to be sensible anyway. I'll just have to suck it up this shit happens.

LoveAndHate Sat 24-Oct-15 14:28:17

Let him go. No-one's going to die and you're already used to the sleeplessness with the 15 week-old.

DinosaursRoar Sat 24-Oct-15 14:32:32

Wait, so DC1 is ill, but you, DC2 and DC3 are not ill, but you don't want DH to go out for a friend's stag do (which is just an afternoon and evening, not a weekend away overseas or anything) on the off chance everyone else gets ill in the next 12 hours?

It's a stag do, not a normal night out. I think you do have to just cope if you are well in yourself and it's just one child ill. Go to bed when the DCs do tonight.

Will he be close enough for you to call to come back early if you get ill to?

onecurrantbun1 Sat 24-Oct-15 14:33:12

Yeah I'd be fine with DH going under these circumstances, shit happens and it sounds like a big night out that is planned and paid for. If he's like my DH these kind of nights out are few and far between and I think he should go. Get on the coffee and bring the duvets down for a quiet afternoon /evening.

onecurrantbun1 Sat 24-Oct-15 14:33:45

Better still, go for a quick nap yourself now x

clam Sat 24-Oct-15 14:35:08

I think context is key here. If he's generally a good egg and pulls his weight, and this is a relatively unusual thing and he's appreciative of the added burden for you, then it's easier to be benevolent about it. If, on the other hand, he's the opposite, and is always buggering off on the lash leaving you to cop for sorting out the home front, then resentment builds.

Sounds like the former to me.

MagicalMrsMistoffelees Sat 24-Oct-15 14:45:27

She's not asking him to stay though is she? She's just saying that in an ideal world she'd like him to stay. She's come on here to say it rather than say it to him.

I have three children, including a baby, who are all in perfect health but I'm still glad my husband is at home tonight because it's hard work! That's not to say we don't have nights out occasionally but the fact is that it's easiest when we're both here.

buildingafootieteam Sat 24-Oct-15 14:50:22

Thanks Magical not sure some people read the op properly wink I'm really just whinging here instead of asking him or saying it to him.

Iammad Sat 24-Oct-15 15:00:38

I felt awful (pregnant and had a tummy bug) a few weeks back.
My youngest was 11 months and is walking and into everything.
Husband had to work fair enough, but he didn't have to play football afterwards.
No consideration for me!
But don't worry he has his vasectomy booked next month, I feel a day out after he has it asinine next day (without the children) is in order grin.

MagicalMrsMistoffelees Sat 24-Oct-15 15:13:48

So often the OP isn't read properly or taken out of context by outraged people chomping at the bit to pile in and disagree with the poster. Par for the course around here! grin

Hope you get through the day with no more sick and everyone is in fine health tomorrow.

Fratelli Sun 25-Oct-15 06:26:19

I understand wanting him to stay but it's good you're not going to ask him. I would do as you've suggested and ask him not to get wasted as you'll need a nap tomorrow. Hope dcs better soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now