Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit miffed?

(8 Posts)
lastqueenofscotland Fri 23-Oct-15 18:51:50

So last Saturday I was invited to a birthday party that was an all day event thing in a hired venue. Happily accepted the invitation, she said she'd let me know exact timings/postcode etc in the week.
Obviously spend all week with that in the diary, didn't double book myself, told a friend I was busy etx.
Today as I hadn't heard anything I text saying "hi don't want to nag just wondered if anything was set in stone for tomorrow"
To which I get the reply that I can't go as apparently they've got too many for the venue and I was one of the last to be invited...

So it's nice to feel like an afterthought and if you're overbooked why invite me in the first place. And if you realised you mucked up surely you'd say in the week.
Aibu for thinking this is rude?!

greenhill Fri 23-Oct-15 18:54:18

Can you contact the other friend and re-arrange something with them?

LisaD1 Fri 23-Oct-15 18:54:18

Blimey, that is VERY rude! YADNBU

Gottagetmoving Fri 23-Oct-15 18:54:34

Rude and thoughtless. She probably thought you wouldn't bother asking if you didn't hear from her.

Tummyclutter Fri 23-Oct-15 18:59:28

i can't believe the cheek!
Ok, so it's a bit late to rearrange with your other friend, but you might be able to.
Delete the other person from your life and memory, they are not worth wasting another minute on!!!!

Damselindestress Fri 23-Oct-15 19:30:15

YABU to feel just "a bit miffed"! That is awful! It clearly shows they don't value your friendship so don't waste any more time on them!

kissmethere Fri 23-Oct-15 20:42:44

Yanbu that's terrible! She obviously didn't have the manners to contact you and knows it's a shit thing to do.
Sorry I'd drop her like a hot brick.

laffymeal Fri 23-Oct-15 20:44:57

That's disgusting, who the hell behaves like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now