Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yet another miserable bastard to add to the ever growing collection

(20 Posts)
molyholy Fri 23-Oct-15 10:15:22

Jamie Lawson. The 'I never expected that' song which has basically stolen its' plot from the beginning of Up Listening to Radio 2 in work waiting for popmaster, but another track off his fun album has just been played. Very very depressing. There is so much fucking miserable, angsty, 'I'm a tortured soul' music about, it's hard to escape from. I am expecting alot of 'change the station', turn the radio off then' type posts, but it seems inescapable at the mo.

wasonthelist Fri 23-Oct-15 10:22:16

What is the AIBU here?

DoveCazzoEIlMioCaffe Fri 23-Oct-15 10:25:01

confused

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Fri 23-Oct-15 10:27:30

Hes another whiney James Blunt type.
FRO.
He supported 1D the other week and as much as im not keen on them they have far more about them than him.

DoreenLethal Fri 23-Oct-15 10:31:11

Switch over to 6 music before it is too late OP.

molyholy Fri 23-Oct-15 10:35:30

What is the AIBU here?

Am I being grumpy having a moan about the drivel people listen to these days?

I am in the office and it's the only station people agree to listen to. I'm an Absolute 80s girl really. Even The Smiths, though their lyrics were pretty grim, were sang to an up tempo beat <clicks fingers to look cool>

ChipInTheSugar Fri 23-Oct-15 10:38:26

There was a thread recently about how this particular song was reducing half of MN to tears. I listened to half of it, and was totally unmoved. As you say, it's just whiny misery.

Owllady Fri 23-Oct-15 10:40:21

Did you watch Peter Kay's car share? <attempts to lighten mood>

SaucyJack Fri 23-Oct-15 10:52:32

I quite like a miserable bastard tbh. I've developed a new found respect for James Blunt since reading the times he won Twitter.

Anything's better than Micky fucking Bubbles in my book.

lorelei9 Fri 23-Oct-15 10:59:13

tbh music seems like a choice between "pain of love" and "exhilaration of love" temporary hormonal high

you'd think no one had anything else to write a song about.

BigSandyBalls2015 Fri 23-Oct-15 11:05:34

Not unreasonable at all, what a depressing load of shit. And i do have a childish smirk at the line "She spent the night in my bed .... and she said I wasn't expecting that" grin.

LumpySpaceCow Fri 23-Oct-15 11:09:50

It makes me cry but only because my mum died recently.
I know this is weird but I was more pissed off that it was completely made up and not his life story (I'm a Google addict!).... I felt so deceived!

SaskiaRembrandtWasFramed Fri 23-Oct-15 11:20:58

I haven't heard it, but it doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy.

YANBU, this trend for miserable buggers whining about their woes was old before it even it started.

CrossfireHurricane Fri 23-Oct-15 11:43:05

YANBU and now Adele has just been on ...warbling away about some old shite!
Bit of Dexy's now...much much better.

Sighing Fri 23-Oct-15 13:28:48

blush i think i did say that to my (now) DH after our first night together. So yes, smirks all round here.

experiencedhider Fri 23-Oct-15 13:35:29

I heard it for the first time the other day having read about it on here, so prepared myself for tears. In fact I found it really repetitive and a bit dull. I really wasn't expecting that as I cry at absolutely anything normally. YANBU.

MelanieCheeks Fri 23-Oct-15 13:43:30

Ach, it's a nice tune, and some talented lyric usage ( my pet peeve is lazy lyrics in today's chart offerings.)

How is it the plot line of Up, though?

Owllady Fri 23-Oct-15 16:25:14

I've just heard it and it's awful! confused

shutupanddance Fri 23-Oct-15 16:27:34

Its my favourite song right now so yabu op. I thought of up too.grin I do like deep whiney mudic though.

ouryve Fri 23-Oct-15 16:28:18

This is one of the reasons I've given up on Radio 2. Too many ballads and too much angst.

At least 6 Music provides a healthy dose of John Grant sarcasm or a good, shouty dose of Slaves.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now