Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To think the new Canadian PM is rather nice.

(35 Posts)
whippetwoman Wed 21-Oct-15 18:59:50

Have you seen him???
I urge you to have a look.
Is it just me?

SleepIsForTheWeakAnyway Wed 21-Oct-15 19:04:12

He is rather pleasing on the eye

madwomanbackintheattic Wed 21-Oct-15 19:04:35

He's got nice hair, though.

Apart from his appearance, his entire campaign has been based on being nice (and not indulging in the usual political savagery). So, um, he won because he was nice. oh, and because he wasn't Stephen Harper.

It is mildly fitting in terms of whole 'I have never met a rude Canadian' thread that was on here a few years ago. grin

I am looking forward to seeing what he does. He is very charismatic.

Siwi Wed 21-Oct-15 19:05:58

How do you disperse a crowd of rioting Canadians?

Andylion Wed 21-Oct-15 19:05:58

He's got nice hair, though.

wink

whippetwoman Wed 21-Oct-15 19:10:39

I'd consider a move to Canada but I am put off by the idea of bears. And wolves.

Thefitfatty Wed 21-Oct-15 19:11:57

He's very handsome. Unfortunately I'm not sure if he's in the position because he earned it or because of his father. Time will tell and I will enjoy the view till it does

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 21-Oct-15 19:13:09

<runs onto thread> Talking about Canadian politics! JT says he will immediately get working on the missing and murdered Indigenous women in Canada, good for him. He will repeal C24, which directly affects me as a new Canadian. I didn't vote for him but I'm really hopeful that he will bring back the social conscience in Canadian politics.

I'm a feminist so not into objectifying people as a rule. <coughs> Him, Barack or Alexis Tsipras?

SaucyJack Wed 21-Oct-15 19:15:18

And we get a dough-faced, sociopathic pig fucker.

Sucks.

Siwi Wed 21-Oct-15 19:26:50

I don't know. How DO you disperse a crowd of rioting Canadians?

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 21-Oct-15 19:30:17

The joke is a variation on 'how do you get Canadians to do X?" Say "Please do X"

It is true though, they are very polite... www.cbc.ca/news/trending/blue-jays-typical-canadian-1.3273363

Muckogy Wed 21-Oct-15 20:31:11

i don't think he would have gotten the job if pierre and margaret trudeau hadn't been his parents.
and because everyone is sick of stephen harper.

madwomanbackintheattic Wed 21-Oct-15 22:09:31

You forgot the Cougars, whippet. Scary fuckers. <eyes the woods out back and decides to have another cup of tea>

WaggleBee Wed 21-Oct-15 22:51:16

No idea what you're talking about.

RomComPhooey Wed 21-Oct-15 22:54:50

No contest. Tsipras looks too much like George Osborne for my liking and I wouldn't like to cross Michelle Obama. Polite new Canadian PM for me please!

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 21-Oct-15 23:02:49

And this is what he did the morning after he won. Hung out in the subway, chatting to people.

I'm hopeful, if a little skeptical.

Thefitfatty Thu 22-Oct-15 06:01:26

He's already stopping our bombing of ISIS, and he's repealing the law that says gay men can't donate blood. I'm am feeling very hopeful. Good news about C24 to as it effects my kids and husband. smile

GoblinLittleOwl Thu 22-Oct-15 07:33:46

Hmmm.
As I remember, his father was a great deal of mouth and trousers, and his mother was a role model for Sally Bercow.
Wait and see.

PinguForPresident Thu 22-Oct-15 07:45:22

He may just have toppled Yanis Varoufakis from my list of Top Political Hotties

/shallow

madwomanbackintheattic Thu 22-Oct-15 14:13:59

Goblin, interesting article in Macleans this month looking at the similarities and differences between father/ son.

OnIlkelyMoorBahtat Thu 22-Oct-15 15:26:35

He is very nice. Though this must be the moment where I wheel out my capo di tutti capi of Political Hotties, Argentina's Finance Minister...

troubleatmillcock Thu 22-Oct-15 17:25:53

You got that right.

I live in Canada and he is hot stuff.

Seen him a couple of times (live in same city) when he wasn't as famous, he was crossing the road, hubby tried to run him over!

Actually managed to meet him once too accidentally and he is gorgeous in real life.

no idea what his political agenda is

FishOn Thu 22-Oct-15 17:36:07

I'm also sat on the wait and see bench. I'm not a citizen yet so can't vote. (Been here ages but always seem to have something better to spend a grand on hmm )

He's very pretty pro choice and not lego-clip-on-hair-Harper so it's a good start.

But he needs to remember that there are provinces west of Quebec.... <waves>... some of whom provide a lot of $ for the eastern provinces... from our dirty oil

SeekretSquirrels Thu 22-Oct-15 17:45:58

He only seems to be 12 years old though confused.

troubleatmillcock Thu 22-Oct-15 18:15:23

Fishon it wasn't that expensive to become a citizen around $200 I think.

You have to pass the test though, unless you are a minority, or over the age of 55.

If you are British you'll find it easy i.e.

What is the Queen's first name?

Simon
Mohammed
Tracy
Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the 2nd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now