Talk

Advanced search

To,ask for a suitable punishment?

(57 Posts)
WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Wed 21-Oct-15 18:09:48

For ds. He is 12. In y7. First year of seniors for those of us who still use that system.

I have just seen 'the planner'. The book I am supposed to see every week.

I have apparently signed this every week for the last month and a bit.

My signature looks awful! I have even spelled my name wrong. It's only 4 letters, I have been writing it for the best part of 40 years hmm

I have also been using the wrong pen. I always write in my Parker cartridge pen. Never a biro.

The teachers have signed underneath these obvious forgeries.

So do your worst! Teach the lying little pre-teen some honesty please?

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Wed 21-Oct-15 18:12:40

Write in next weeks space

'This us my real signature, my sons been forging it up until now'

Let the school give him a det

BestZebbie Wed 21-Oct-15 18:15:52

Why haven't you been seeing it for the last month and a bit? Was a new thing for this school year that you didn't know about?

Justmyluck1 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:16:07

Oh I always hope my dds are signing the bloody thing so I don't have to.

They are good at school and just get on. If he's a good kid and working well can't see the worry.

If he's not doing the homework etc that's different.

Teacher won't notice 'your' crap writing either. grin

QforCucumber Wed 21-Oct-15 18:17:47

I recall in school having the same thing in our weekly planners (year 7 was 17 years ago for me) everyone in our form signed them themselves back then. confused

Sgtmajormummy Wed 21-Oct-15 18:20:24

On 6th October there was a similar thread to this in Teenagers called "Teenager faking my signature" where I told the story of my experience with DS at a very similar age. I'd rather not trot it out again, but you're welcome to do an Advanced Search, OP.

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Wed 21-Oct-15 18:20:46

If he's doing the homework then I wouldn't get too annoyed about it. I used to it a lot. Although I'd always tell my dad.

I mean, obvious sneakily forging your signature is wrong, but equally, perhaps you should of been more on the ball about checking

diddl Wed 21-Oct-15 18:28:38

"perhaps you should of been more on the ball about checking"

Perhaps OP didn't know about it?

He's in secondary & is surely just expected to ask her to sign it?

Axekick Wed 21-Oct-15 18:32:08

I am surprised she didn't know she should be seeing it. But our schools communication is very good, so we knew exactly what they required us to do. Maybe the OPs wasn't.

The punishment, imo, should email to his teacher to let them know. Don't write it in the planner. It will mysteriously go missing.

waitingforcalpoltowork Wed 21-Oct-15 18:46:02

my dd did this i took her phone off her

honeysucklejasmine Wed 21-Oct-15 18:52:24

Honestly as a form tutor, as long as the kids aren't getting detentions for not doing homework (which I can monitor on the school database programme) I don't really care if its signed or not. However, school rules say detention if not signed. Some kids get parents to sign multiple weeks at a time which seems time effective to me!

I sign it either way, as I grill them about their homework or lack thereof and am actually in a position to follow it up with their teacher directly.

reni2 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:54:51

I'd email his teacher and write in the diary. Tell your ds he's in real trouble if the diary with your comments goes "missing". Does your ds know you know?

jellyfrizz Wed 21-Oct-15 18:54:54

Sensible approach honeysuckle!

wizzler Wed 21-Oct-15 18:56:25

I agree with Majestic.

Lolimax Wed 21-Oct-15 18:58:24

At the end of Year 11 DD admitted she'd been forging mine for 5 years. She's now in uni. She always did her homework, handed it in on time etc...so what could I say? And actually it was quite a good forgery (in the end).

Justmyluck1 Wed 21-Oct-15 18:59:58

Waiting

Why do that unless she's not doing the work or in trouble. Blimey life's too short to worry about signing planners if the work is done and there's no trouble at school.

Bizarre over reaction.

reni2 Wed 21-Oct-15 19:06:09

I would do something, since he clearly thinks it's no problem, one day there will be something that needs parental involvement or he will be in trouble or a parent meeting and OP won't know because ds signed it secretly.

SouthWesterlyWinds Wed 21-Oct-15 19:07:26

This thread Sgtmajor

ForeverLivingMyArse Wed 21-Oct-15 19:07:26

It's knockoff a right of passage isn't it? My school were so used to my version of mum's signature they actually questioned one of the few genuine ones.

My ds took it to a whole new level by texting himself with a 'note' from me,excusing him from PE. He'd even text the days before with chit chat to make it look like it was actually my number and we'd had a conversation.

I was quite impressed and surprised his teacher fell for it.

tibbawyrots Wed 21-Oct-15 19:07:59

As long as the homework is done I can't see an issue.

ForeverLivingMyArse Wed 21-Oct-15 19:08:28

Kind of not knock off

SistersOfPercy Wed 21-Oct-15 19:08:54

DD did the same, no malice in it, just that she'd remember when she got into form on a Monday morning. She'd done all the work so would just squiggle then tell me at some point in the week she'd forgotten so signed it.

Couldn't get too excited over this if he's doing the work but I guess it depends on what is written in the planner.

DepecheNO Wed 21-Oct-15 19:12:22

Everyone did this when I was 12. PE sick notes as well. If he's been doing the homework I'd be more annoyed that he kept the existence of this planner from me than that he signed it himself. Would much rather be in on it and know what they're capable of than feel taken for a mug.

Buttercup27 Wed 21-Oct-15 19:13:25

I used to sign my dm's signiture every week in my planner, if our form tutor was in a rush he would ask us to sign his initials too!

TheCatsMother99 Wed 21-Oct-15 19:14:00

I used to do this all the time! Your DS and I can be partners in crime.... We'll be forging multi million pound cheques ones our empire is up and running grin.wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now