Talk

Advanced search

Noisy neighbours!

(8 Posts)
guajiraguantanamera Tue 20-Oct-15 02:19:00

We live in a block of 12 flats. 5.30am this morning- loud screams from the hallway, waking myself, Dp and ds (6mo) Immediately panic. Is it ds?? Are the flats on fire?? Nope it's two people from upstairs having a loud domestic..
He pushed her down the stairs and yes she has had 2 bottles of wine but she's not drunk! He's broken her neck, she's getting him done..
The screaming continued for 15 minutes before she finally decided...
"Nah lets go back upstairs and finish the wine.."
Must admit she did well to walk back upstairs after breaking her neck..
Police arrived this morning, going door to door to take statements from everybody. We will probably get called for a court citation, according to the police. Joy of joys, I love turning up at court to sit around for hours to find out that one of them hasn't turned up and the case has been postponed.
Aibu to hope they get a huge fine for wasting police time! (And waking up everybody in the flats at ridiculous o'clock.)

TheBouquets Tue 20-Oct-15 02:35:22

If there is one thing I hate it is being woken up at 5 in the morning. It happens here 5 days a week. Drunken revelling would not amuse me at all. If it does all go to court get in a claim for expenses. Maybe if it happens on a regular basis you could ask for a move if it is a rented house. Hope you will have a better night tonight/this morning

guajiraguantanamera Tue 20-Oct-15 11:18:57

5 days a week?? God I feel bad for complaining now lol.
I totally understand we live in a flat, there will be noise etc. people come in on a fri/sat night at 1am/2am and you hear them come in but I don't mind that, I understand people's life's don't stop cus I have a baby and I'm tired! Generally these people come in, you hear a few giggles and what not then they disappear upstairs and that's it, everybody is pretty considerate of everyone else most of the time. But this was ridiculous.
Just found out this morning though that it wasn't somebody who lives here it was somebody's guests! So at least I know its unlikely to happen again.

guajiraguantanamera Tue 20-Oct-15 11:19:34

Lives not life's

Nataleejah Tue 20-Oct-15 11:41:20

Sorry but i found this too funny... I imagine it can be annoying though.
When i was a teenager i remember having "decibel deathmatch" with neighbors' kids. Turn the hi-fi at its loudest, walk to another room and let everybody else jump up and down.

guajiraguantanamera Tue 20-Oct-15 12:33:23

If it wasn't 5am I probably would have laughed. She was so adamant she had a broken neck then I heard them walk upstairs hmm
I almost went out to tell them to shut the fuck up but I figured they would both then turn on me so I just watched through the peephole like a nosey neighbour grin

howtorebuild Tue 20-Oct-15 12:35:24

He needs stopping.

MammaTJ Tue 20-Oct-15 14:43:57

Ha ha! Like a nosy neighbour!

Just like I peep through the bedroom curtains like a nosy neighbour when it all kicks off in our street!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: