Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Hateful disgusting pig of a husband

(265 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:37:57

When my h and I have a disagreement about something, or if I appeal to him to behave differently or criticise him, it seems as if it's no coincidence that he often belches or breaks wind apparently spontaneously, but publicly .. As if he is using this as a bullying tactic. Is this something bullies do? Also leaving the door open while loudly passing water but as if it is on purpose .He does other things with poor manners such as lick the lids of yoghurts and lick plates at other times.
It seems to me he is doing this intentionally?

Custardo Sun 18-Oct-15 23:40:19

so he farts if you tell him not to fart?

Leafitout Sun 18-Oct-15 23:40:26

Does he do this to wind you up and know that it's getting to you? Yuck to the letting loose of the bodily functions yanbu

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:43:15

Seems to me it's a wind up and disrespectful on purpose

MerryInthechelseahotel Sun 18-Oct-15 23:43:28

He sounds arrogant and disrespectful. Why are you still with him?

cariadlet Sun 18-Oct-15 23:44:04

Does he do it deliberately to wind you up, or does he see that as acceptable behaviour? Does he come from a family that are very casual about belching, farting and table manners?

coffeeisnectar Sun 18-Oct-15 23:44:08

I thought it was normal to lick yoghurt lids.

You don't seem to really like your husband much. Have you been married long? Is the farting during an argument thing New?

If someone was criticising me or telling me how I'm wrong all the time I might start to rebel a little too.

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:45:11

Because I basically feel I can't leave him.

Verypissedoffwife Sun 18-Oct-15 23:48:04

I'm not sure if it's something that bullies do but it's certainly something that farmyard animals do.

Verypissedoffwife Sun 18-Oct-15 23:49:41

Why can't you leave him? I'd definitely leave anyone who burps loudly. Or kill them.

MajesticWhine Sun 18-Oct-15 23:49:49

Yes it does sound like behaviour designed to stick up for himself and show that he can do what he likes. There is a very narcissistic character in my family who belches a lot, really loudly. It seems like it is done as a challenge to others. Laying down the law saying I can do what I like.
Yogurt lids and weeing with the door open though, I would say are fair game for most people.

steff13 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:49:52

If someone was criticising me or telling me how I'm wrong all the time I might start to rebel a little too.

This. It's one thing to disagree wtih someone, but it must be difficult to live with someone who's criticising you or asking you to behave differently. And I don't think he can control how loudly he urinates. If that bothers you, why don't you close the door when he's doing it?

shadowfax07 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:51:31

When you say he does these things publicly, do you mean in font of people other than you (and any DC), or in front of other people?

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:52:15

Think yoghurt lids is ok not plates though! I just think it's disgusting to do these things ! And designed as a wind up. Well I suppose if you can't think of anything clever to say you can just gross everyone out instead?

In all seriousness it feels more like he is doing it to be disrespectful to intentionally disgust me and show me that that is what he can do even though he knows I would hate it.

HeySoulSister Sun 18-Oct-15 23:53:22

Op I get what you mean.

It's something my ex would do after we had argued too. As if to say ' I'll do what I like, I've no respect for you anyway'

It just put me off him further. I left .

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:54:38

Steff .. Do you want me to close the toilet door for an adult because he can't bother to do it himself??

HopeClearwater Sun 18-Oct-15 23:54:43

Why do you feel you can't leave him, OP? You sound very unhappy.

leavemealone2015 Sun 18-Oct-15 23:58:14

I am filled with disgust for him. What sort of pathetic creature has to do that to sort of establish their territory or lay the law down like a threat ?

Has anyone read sons and lovers?

Verypissedoffwife Sun 18-Oct-15 23:59:40

leave you're right the loud pissing with the door open is fucking revolting. We don't live like that in my house and I'd be really pissed off if anyone in my family thought that that along with burping and fartinh was acceptable. Honestly you need a shovel and a patio. It's the only way.

steff13 Mon 19-Oct-15 00:00:02

Do you want me to close the toilet door for an adult because he can't bother to do it himself??

If it bothers you that he leaves it open, why not? Have you asked him to close it? You have three choices - live with it, leave him, or close it yourself. You can't control his behavior.

Why did you marry someone who disgusts you so much?

itsbetterthanabox Mon 19-Oct-15 00:04:10

Does he burp and fart all the time or only after you've had an argument?
Some people just these things freely when at home and don't close the bathroom door. Has he always been like if?

Seeyounearertime Mon 19-Oct-15 00:04:31

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MerryInthechelseahotel Mon 19-Oct-15 00:06:35

Tell us leave why you feel unable to leave him

HeySoulSister Mon 19-Oct-15 00:06:44

seeyou have you deliberately not read the thread?

Op I fully understand this. Not many here will do tho

leavemealone2015 Mon 19-Oct-15 00:06:53

Stuff you misunderstand me ..he is doing it on purpose to be dominant and intentionally disgusting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now