Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have shouted at the knobhead who parked in a parent and child space?!

(340 Posts)
SparklyTinselTits Sun 18-Oct-15 16:33:59

(pre-thread warning: I'm a bit of a grumpy arsehole most of the time)

So, about two hours ago, myself, DH and DD (6 months) went to tescos. Headed for the parent and child spaces, but they were all full. I saw a couple, probably in their mid-30's loading their shopping into their car - not a child or car seat in sight. So DH pulled into a space just across the way from them. I made a big show of struggling to get DD out of her car seat in the normal sized space, and as we walked past I said "nice to see you struggling to get all your kids into your car in that massive space" angry
The man didn't know what to say, and the woman just put her head down and pretended not to have heard me.
Was I BU? Or does everyone else get The Rage when childless people park in parent and child spaces?!

fuctifino Sun 18-Oct-15 16:35:27

biscuit

usual Sun 18-Oct-15 16:36:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OurBlanche Sun 18-Oct-15 16:36:54

No, NU, sometimes people just offer themselves up as Rage Fodder.

I hope you enjoyed the moment. Now, let it go... enjoy the rest of the weekend.

MissDemelzaCarne Sun 18-Oct-15 16:36:57

Surely you know YWBU? hmm confused

laffymeal Sun 18-Oct-15 16:37:00

You didn't "shout at him" you made a mealy mouthed pa dig, big whoop.

Zephyroux1 Sun 18-Oct-15 16:37:09

I think it's just you.

sliceofsoup Sun 18-Oct-15 16:37:59

This won't go well on here. But it annoys me too when childless people park in the parent and child spaces. They may not be legally enforceable, but what about common courtesy?

ilovesooty Sun 18-Oct-15 16:38:08

You didn't shout did you? You made a big deal of unloading your daughter then walked past and made a passive aggressive comment.

InSpaceNooneCanHearYouScream Sun 18-Oct-15 16:38:11

Run for your life OP- this won't end well

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Sun 18-Oct-15 16:38:37

Wow you made a show of getting your 6 month old out the car!! You hero!!

ExConstance Sun 18-Oct-15 16:38:42

YABU. I am sick and tired of trekking across the supermarket car park to shop only to find the aisles clogged with badly behaved children. Considerate parents shop alone and don't expect special privileges.

Defenderwife Sun 18-Oct-15 16:38:42

Either don't say anything or give them a mouth full. This passive aggressive crap doesn't help.

SurlyCue Sun 18-Oct-15 16:39:04

Who is to say they didnt meet a grandparent in the shop who took their children? This has happened with me several times so it would look like i was using a space but had no DC with me.

SurlyCue Sun 18-Oct-15 16:40:30

And btw, getting a child out of the car in a normal space is only a struggle if you cant park properly. Maybe you need more practise.

sharonthewaspandthewineywall Sun 18-Oct-15 16:43:11

What you said didn't make any sense. Nice to see you struggling to get your kids out of the car is just nonsensical. Surely you'd have said 'shame to see you struggling' etc. Try harder next time.

OooooohMissDiane Sun 18-Oct-15 16:43:23

Give over. These are a newish thing, people have coped without them, they're just nice to have, or a bonus if you get one. Gives people another thing to get arsey about though, I suppose.

<grabs popcorn>

HunterHearstHelmsley Sun 18-Oct-15 16:44:04

I sometimes pick up/drop off my nephews and park in a P&C spot. I've had comments every now and then I just say something sarcastic back.

My favourite is "you seem to have left your child/forgotten your child". Lots of fun to be had with that one.

BigOCupOfTea Sun 18-Oct-15 16:44:09

Meh, people are selfish.

If it made you feel better to say something then cool.

But you should be over by now.

ALongTimeComing Sun 18-Oct-15 16:45:27

YABU and frankly it's ridiculous that you can't get your child out of their car seat in a normal space.

They could have bent picking up a child, maybe they had a hidden disability, etc. None of your business.

lachattequirit Sun 18-Oct-15 16:45:33

in rl, among the people I know, it is generally considered cunty to park in a parent and child space if you don't have a small child.
On mumsnet this is not the case. There is a large proportion of arseholes weirdos alternative perspectives on here. wink

SparklyTinselTits Sun 18-Oct-15 16:45:54

Guess I was BU confused
But it did make me feel better at the time to say something snotty.

MrsTedCrilly Sun 18-Oct-15 16:46:21

Don't sweat the small stuff.. Honestly if you go around getting annoyed by little stuff like this you're gonna do yourself damage. It's no big deal getting a child out of a seat in a normal space.

73dexter Sun 18-Oct-15 16:47:06

What happens if you go to a car park that doesn't have P&C spaces? Do you struggle then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now