Talk

Advanced search

To be slightly weirded out by our new neighbours

(70 Posts)
Quodlibet Sat 17-Oct-15 18:15:35

So we've just moved to a new rural location. Without wanting to sound judgemental, there's a lot of odd behaviour around.

There's a family down the road with 8 kids. Not kidding, once a day they bong a great bloody bell and then the parents supervise the children doing some sort of highly regimented folk dance on the front lawn. I'm not sure where they are from but they all wear quite distinctive regional clothes.

Then there's another poor bloke down the road who I think might be some kind of hoarder. He's basically out and about all day on a weird customised bicycle collecting stones. No idea what he does with them.

At least it's pretty quiet at nighttime, everyone seems to be in bed by about 7. Save for one hyperactive young lad who's always bouncing around the streets long after everyone else has turned in...

Anyway AIBU for finding it all a bit odd?

EatDessertFirst Sat 17-Oct-15 18:18:37

Sounds like my kind of place!

Sounds odd but brilliant. And entertaining.

Paddingtonthebear Sat 17-Oct-15 18:19:36

In the night garden? grin

VinylScratch Sat 17-Oct-15 18:19:53

Is there also a floozy with an inflatable skirt who has no sense of personal space?

AnemonesCloser Sat 17-Oct-15 18:19:55

Have you moved to Northern Exposure?

Oysterbabe Sat 17-Oct-15 18:20:20

Are you in Royston Vasey?

Hassled Sat 17-Oct-15 18:20:42

I really want to see 8 children doing a highly regimented folk dance on the lawn every time a bell rings. Have they moved from Salzburg? Is he a Captain in the Austrian navy?

JuniorMint Sat 17-Oct-15 18:21:26

I know the place- what about the weirdo who sleeps in a bed outside and won't let anyone else near it?

And that family with the 8 kids- I don't want to start any rumours but they're always losing them, think a call to Children's Services might be in order...

JassyRadlett Sat 17-Oct-15 18:21:58

Do you also have neighbours who are always 'losing' their trousers?

Quodlibet Sat 17-Oct-15 18:23:58

Yes Jassy! Three young chaps who all live together, seem quite into their music? Really not sure of the relationship set up there but it's not very conventional.

Quodlibet Sat 17-Oct-15 18:25:07

Junior, I've got concerns too. It's a tiny house and I think all 10 of them must sleep in the same room.

Tarzanlovesgaby Sat 17-Oct-15 18:25:18

oh, this brings back memories from when dc still watched this.

ladyrosy Sat 17-Oct-15 18:25:41

Sounds like the kind of place where the public transport is completely unpredictable.

akindofmagic Sat 17-Oct-15 18:26:53

Is one of your neighbours always the last one to bed? Running about outside with a red blanket in the small hours?

SoupDragon Sat 17-Oct-15 18:28:26

Thank fuck my DD is now too old for this shite.

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Sat 17-Oct-15 18:28:53

You need to film it!!

LittleBairn Sat 17-Oct-15 18:30:48

You sound quite the gossip I'm sure you will fit right in.

KittyandTeal Sat 17-Oct-15 18:33:20

I may live close to you.

Do all the inhabitants gather just before bedtime around the village bandstand and do a crazy dance? Lead by the strange girl that insists on falling down lots with her leg flailing and showing her pants?

R0nJ0n Sat 17-Oct-15 18:36:59

Do the gong banging neighbours prepare lovely feasts for themselves, but only ever let their children eat porridge?

Draylon Sat 17-Oct-15 18:38:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Aramynta Sat 17-Oct-15 18:38:42

I think I live in the same neighbourhood! There are two families with 8 children (each) living next to each other.

One of the families seem to keep themselves to themselves. Probably avoiding their strange neighbours!

Aeroflotgirl Sat 17-Oct-15 18:39:01

Oh yes, and a funny looking blue thing, which my friend says looks like a condom, he carries a red blanket grin.

ScrumpyBetty Sat 17-Oct-15 18:39:05

What is even more strange is that the family with 8 children all go to bed fully clothed and the mum and dad wear hats to bed....I find that quite concerning

Oysterbabe Sat 17-Oct-15 18:41:03

Oh it's one of those threads.

EponasWildDaughter Sat 17-Oct-15 18:42:56

Ah, village life grin There is nothing quite like it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: