Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask if you have a Bing mask you don't need?!

(16 Posts)
Reiltin Tue 06-Oct-15 07:38:49

I'm planning on dressing my kid as Bing for Halloween. I got her red dungarees, which I can highly recommend in general cos they're adorable! But I can't find a mask anywhere. I see from my research that there was a Bing magazine in May that had masks but I can't source a back issue. (We live in Ireland and I didn't see it anywhere at the time.) Is there a Bing mask in your house gathering dust? If so, may I have it? Pretty please?! There's a box of chocolates here with your name on it. I'll pay for the postage and you'll have my eternal gratitude. TIA smile

Reiltin Tue 06-Oct-15 07:59:30

Btw, I know I'm being very unreasonable using AIBU for such trivialities! Also, if you think I'm being unreasonable celebrating Halloween, remember I'm in Ireland - we started it! (And we don't do bonfire night, for obvious reasons!)

Fugghetaboutit Tue 06-Oct-15 08:01:43

Ugh I threw mine out recently from that magazine as I kept finding it on the floor and ds wasn't playing with it, sorry! Hope someone else has it still

Fugghetaboutit Tue 06-Oct-15 08:02:16

If no one does, it's probably pretty easy to make one though smile

Reiltin Tue 06-Oct-15 14:35:32

Thanks for that. You're right - probably not that hard to make. Though I have less than no artistic skills confused

Booyaka Tue 06-Oct-15 14:42:52

If you don't have any luck, try and see if you can print out a pic of his face off the net and take it to a copy shop to be blown up then stick on card?

Reiltin Tue 06-Oct-15 14:43:15

Ooh, clever idea!

MediumOrchid Tue 06-Oct-15 14:53:27

I have one - trouble is dd quite likes it, though it's been a while since she played with it! If no-one else offers you one pm me, maybe I could send it to you and when you're finished with it you could send it back? If you're that desperate for one!

Gruntfuttock Tue 06-Oct-15 15:22:10

I don't even know who Bing is. I'm assuming you don't mean either Bing Crosby or the Microsoft search engine.

wasonthelist Tue 06-Oct-15 15:26:04

Nor me, no doubt it's some American thing we're all supposed to know.

Sternin Tue 06-Oct-15 15:45:08

Bing is an antropomorphic rabbit who is the main character of the "Bing" book series and the Cbeebies TV series.

I can't help, OP, but wonder if you would say where the dungarees were from? I have a friend that wanted to put a Bing outfit together...

Reiltin Tue 06-Oct-15 16:55:42

Sternin, I got them in JoJo. They don't have the vague check but I reckon with a big button, they'll be grand. They're corduroy and sooo cute!

Fugghetaboutit Tue 06-Oct-15 16:56:56

Bing is very British actually.

Sternin Tue 06-Oct-15 18:49:34

Thanks, OP. smile

sadwidow28 Wed 07-Oct-15 00:25:07

Try asking on the official Bing facebook pages.

www.facebook.com/bingbunny

www.facebook.com/bingbunnydaddy

I recall the Bing team and Bing's daddy (Ted Dewan) were really helpful when a Mumsnetter posted to say that a woman in a park had stolen her child's hand-made Bing.

BingToy Fri 23-Dec-16 12:56:10

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now