To want to chop her feet off!!! (Lighthearted but help!)

(15 Posts)
Madbythesea Mon 05-Oct-15 17:58:18

(Nc and re-registered)

My dd2 has feet problems. She uses them like hands. Always putting them in things, knocking things over with them, picking things up with them. Arggh
She cannot keep them still!! She's also always upside down (in case relevant)

I've shouted, threatened to smack them etc
But how can I stop this!!

Aibu to want to chop them off!!
As I can't advice please!

catfordbetty Mon 05-Oct-15 18:01:32

She may be a monkey - check carefully.

Madbythesea Mon 05-Oct-15 18:17:26

I wish might be easier to train. But she is 7

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 05-Oct-15 23:13:24

Get her a pair of clean trainers to be worn indoors. As slippers...

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Mon 05-Oct-15 23:14:05

Why is she upside down?

Madbythesea Mon 05-Oct-15 23:27:28

Has clean shoes and just likes to be inside down! Shoes don't work more kicking things over? Upside down??? No idea?

hiddenhome2 Mon 05-Oct-15 23:32:34

Is she covered in hair and has a long tail?

I'd be presenting her to The Natural History Museum. She sounds like she had some hybrid stuff going on there.

pieceofpurplesky Mon 05-Oct-15 23:35:03

FWIW I pick things up witch my feet. Can even write my name with them as can hold a pen. I also sit in a weird upside down way to read when I am home alone. Drove my DM crazy when I was a kid.
Not sure if a connection but I am dyspraxic. I have always just put it down to another of my quirks!!!

Senpai Tue 06-Oct-15 04:40:26

purplesky I'm not dyspraxic and I can do all sorts of things with my feet. But I do have adhd, so it could have something to do with wonky brains. grin

Give her some M&M's. See if she can feed herself with them. It'll keep her occupied for a bit as they're small and you can only grab so many, and you entertained. grin

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 06-Oct-15 08:24:10

Second the m&ms then...
Or stick with your original plan. Chop her feet off!

Try and get her drawing with her feet. She might sit still for a bit!

MrsMook Tue 06-Oct-15 09:23:21

I found picking things up with my feet very useful when heavily pregnant when it took too long to bend in the conventional way. Also when holding small children and other paraphernalia .

Pseudo341 Tue 06-Oct-15 09:59:02

It sounds like she could be hypermobile. Not necessarily a problem, i think you pretty much have to be to be any good at gymnastics, but can cause problems for some people (me being one of them). Just something to be aware of.

Chopping her feet off sounds like the sensible solution to me. You could replace them with some state of the art robotic feet that would march her to school so you wouldn't have to tell her to hurry up, and never buy shoes again smile

Madbythesea Tue 06-Oct-15 10:19:36

She probably is hypermobile. I am.
I'd love her to do gymnastics but she's too shy.

Its just after she's knocked over the umpteen glass of juice I really want to cut them off or tie them togetherblush

MinecraftWonder Tue 06-Oct-15 10:30:43

I can't work out if this is a genuine thread or whether the op is making a reference to some film or book about a 7 year old monkey adopted by a family hmm

Madbythesea Tue 06-Oct-15 10:53:31

I think a monkey would be easier. But seriously a 7 year old little girl with hyper feet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now