Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To wonder what's with all the glittery shite in Facebook selling groups?

(76 Posts)
SansaryaAgain Tue 29-Sep-15 22:44:28

Just spotted these beauties today, a fiver each. For that I'd rather buy the bottle of wine, thanks! Do people actually fork out for this crap?

Thelastthneed44 Tue 29-Sep-15 22:47:15

People will try and sell anything on Facebook...imagine the mess when you have a drink...maybe it appeals to someone...

Cerseirys Tue 29-Sep-15 22:52:59

It's one thing selling some genuinely beautiful handmade stuff, like what I've seen on Etsy at times. It's another thing entirely to think that putting glitter on an empty Lambrini bottle is art!

poorbuthappy Tue 29-Sep-15 22:55:00

These are fab. I had a whole weeks email convo with a customer in Scotland whom I'd never met about who could find the most glittery shit from the Internet. Was brilliant!!!

sproketmx Tue 29-Sep-15 23:16:02

Oh fuck, tell me about it. It's like Miranda hart says 'the glitter party, glitter m'favorite'

acatcalledjohn Tue 29-Sep-15 23:25:07

OP, don't you know that glittery shit is the perfect Christmas present for a loved one?

I do love a glittery FB thread!

It appears many tasteless individuals people do buy them, sometimes for much more than a fiver.

Not sure how well they sell when photographed on manky old floor tiles though confused

SansaryaAgain Wed 30-Sep-15 08:08:17

Ye gods, there's more this morning! When you only want the very best for the cider drinker in your life...

IHaveBrilloHair Wed 30-Sep-15 08:11:35

Either that or decorating groups where they wallpaper everything.

acatcalledjohn Wed 30-Sep-15 08:24:35

I's be so very tempted to ask about the fire safety of the ashtray...

Cerseirys Wed 30-Sep-15 08:27:04

I'm sure the pink set would've photographed better had the "artist" bothered cleaning the floor tiles first!

iamaboveandBeyond Wed 30-Sep-15 08:28:00

<flicks ash>

<vwooomph>

HellKitty Wed 30-Sep-15 08:29:39

They're not actually meant to be drunk out of are they? The thought is making my fillings feel funny confused

iamaboveandBeyond Wed 30-Sep-15 08:30:24

What always bugs me about the entirely glittered ones (all others except the glass with the silver echo falls) is that surely you get a mouthful of glitter when you use them. Or if they are meant to be decorative, why come with wine? confused

Oh and i raise you, fucking converse ruined with sparkles and ribbons

TheoriginalLEM Wed 30-Sep-15 08:36:03

you would have thought the seller in the op would have washed the floor. probably didn't have a clean surface to display it on.

ShoeJunkie Wed 30-Sep-15 08:39:42

acat beat me to it with the question of how flammable glitter is!

Maybe this could be the new Janet and Roy - send glittery shit to a friend and leave them wondering who they know with such appalling taste. grin

TheoriginalLEM Wed 30-Sep-15 08:42:34

Shoe - they have never sold any so its never been tested!!

HellKitty Wed 30-Sep-15 08:43:57

She must have cleaned the floor coz that glittery shit gets everywhere.

I would actually pay a fiver for the Echo Falls but only if it was full and unopened. I'll drink any old shite me.

TiggyD Wed 30-Sep-15 08:45:05

There are people making glittery shit, bunting shit, twiggy shit, cake pop shit, and jewellery from "wacky" objects shit. It's all shit, and expensive shit because it's hand made shit. The only people who like that shit are the people who make that shit so the glitter shit gets sold to the makers of the bunting shit, who sell to the twiggy shit makers, who sell to the cake pop shit makers, etc.
The only person ever to get rich selling twee pointless shit is Cath Kidston.

mmmuffins Wed 30-Sep-15 08:46:33

If you were actually planning to spend money to be able to display this in your home, surely you wouldn't want the cheapest make of wine in the shop? Or is it actually meant to be drunk and tossed?

I just don't understand.

80sMum Wed 30-Sep-15 08:47:31

Clearly some people have too much spare time - and a very deluded view of their artistic talents!
I can't believe that anyone does actually buy stuff like that.

Cerseirys Wed 30-Sep-15 10:04:21

At this point I reckon someone would put glitter on their actual shit and try to flog it for a tenner on Facebook. Fancy Faeces anyone?

Osmiornica Wed 30-Sep-15 10:26:02

But hang on, isn't the wine going to be close to £5 anyway? or is it some sort of optical illusion and it's really one of those mini bottles?

Osmiornica Wed 30-Sep-15 10:28:44

Cersirys - that has reminded me of the time my daughter came home from playgroup ever so proud of her Christmas decoration - it was a pinecone in the shape of a giant poo covered in glitter! I could hardly keep a straight face. It still gets pride of place on our tree every year grin

SilverNightFairy Wed 30-Sep-15 10:33:29

We just received a birthday invitation filled with glittery balloons and hearts. They pinged out of the envelope when my daughter excitedly ripped it open. My cats now have glittery bottoms...

Wish invites filled with glittery weapons came with a warning..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now