Talk

Advanced search

AIbu to believe I am not pregnant

(7 Posts)
Physcobitch Tue 29-Sep-15 13:38:00

I am not on birth control and my period is 9/10days late possibly more blush

We dtd on day 9 on my cycle but it's been a hectic month and that was the last time exactly 4 weeks ago today...now we didn't use protection however he 'pulled out' ( I feel like such a stupid teenager ATM writhing that I should know better)

I did a test yesterday it was negative I feel fine apart from the odd phantom cramp as there is no sign of this period. I don't think I am pregnant or am I kidding myself

laureywilliams Tue 29-Sep-15 13:40:36

I NEVER have late periods. Then one month I did. No reason. About 2 weeks late. I did about 4 negative pregnancy tests.

Do another test to be sure then try and forget about it.

Stress, such as holidays/travel can cause late periods. Is this possible?

TeaAndNoSympathy Tue 29-Sep-15 13:41:03

If you're 9 days late and you've had a negative test, then pregnancy is unlikely but not impossible. You can either test every couple of days until your period arrives or you get a positive test. Alternatively, ask your GP for a blood test.

Scobberlotcher Tue 29-Sep-15 13:45:31

It's not impossible.

False negatives do happen.

I'd give it another few days and test again, assuming your period hasn't arrived by then.

How old are you? Is your cycle normally regular?

Physcobitch Tue 29-Sep-15 13:45:32

I haven't been stressed, very tired yes as DC is 17 months and not a very good sleeper.

My sister has convinced me I am pregnant DH doesn't think I am

Will get an appt for blood test and the pill!!! grin

Physcobitch Tue 29-Sep-15 13:47:16

I'm 29 my cycles change between 28-35 days I've never went this long without a period though.

After having DC they were every 28 days then in May changed back to their usual 28-35 day stretches so annoying

PosterEh Tue 29-Sep-15 13:49:12

I think if the last time you had sex was four weeks ago and you've just had a negative test it's pretty unlikely you're pregnant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now