Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not be bothered about morning showers? (Light hearted!)

(85 Posts)
rainpouringrainbows Fri 25-Sep-15 14:40:01

Apparently, (light hearted banter with friends) it is weird that I don't shower every morning. I am not that bothered, and I don't have time.

HOWEVER, I do shower every night, and every time I exercise and when I feel I need it. I also change my bedding every week, and my clothes every day (at least).

I can't stand the idea of being dirty in my clean bed, even worst after commuting or being outside. No, I really don't think I smell!

Am I being THAT gross?

usual Fri 25-Sep-15 14:42:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hamiltoes Fri 25-Sep-15 14:43:06

Ooh I didn't know this was a gross thing?! I don't either, I'd have to get up at about 5am to fit it in and as you say, I always have clean bedding and bedwear, clean clothes etc. have never smelled! Much prefer one at night. The only exception would be if I felt I really needed one.

KoalaDownUnder Fri 25-Sep-15 14:45:40

There's no way I could go to work in the morning without a shower. I'd feel grungy all day.

I don't think it's dirty, though. At all!

MaxPepsi Fri 25-Sep-15 14:47:29

I tend to get one each morning simply because it helps me wake up!

But I don't always on a weekend.

DH doesn't get a shower every morning. He does a manual job between his shifts so doesn't see the point.

I get a bath on a night, never a shower!

Junosmum Fri 25-Sep-15 14:49:56

I usually shower in the morning, however if I've had one the night before (due to exercise, General ickiness etc) I don't unless I feel I've sweated in the night, as I sometimes do. I'm fine with it.

vulgarbunting Fri 25-Sep-15 14:50:59

I am the same as you and don't find it disgusting at all!

I exercise every evening so need to shower then anyway, and two showers a day is just ridiculous.

AsTimeGoesBy Fri 25-Sep-15 14:51:46

I've just stopped having morning ones to ease bathroom congestion but I don't feel properly clean if I'm honest and think I'm going to reinstate a really quick one in the mornings but keep my main hairwashing, armpit shaving etc one in the evenings.

duckyneedsaclean Fri 25-Sep-15 14:52:55

I don't even shower every day

shock

Twinkie1 Fri 25-Sep-15 14:52:59

I think it's a bit rank but then I shower before I go to the gym every morning so I'm off at the other end of the spectrum of cleanliness as I also shower before bed.

Charley50 Fri 25-Sep-15 14:54:57

I don't shower every day either!!!

Ledkr Fri 25-Sep-15 14:55:51

Why do you shower before the gym?

randomsabreuse Fri 25-Sep-15 14:57:46

Morning shower is vital for waking up...

Quiero Fri 25-Sep-15 14:59:22

I never shower in the morning midweek because I can't be arsed. I'd rather have 10 more minutes in bed. I do at weekends when I've got more time.

BBQsAreSooooOverrated Fri 25-Sep-15 14:59:23

I start work at 7am and it's an hour away so I always shower the evening/night before a shift so I can stay in bed a wee bit longer. When I'm off I have a shower in the morning and again in the evening if I feel I need to.

PunkrockerGirl Fri 25-Sep-15 14:59:44

Just what I was wondering Ledkr confused

2rebecca Fri 25-Sep-15 15:00:17

I do morning or evening but rarely both.

Twinkie1 Fri 25-Sep-15 15:00:42

Because I feel grotty and as well as cleaning me it wakes me up and tames the sleep mane!

LittleRedSparkle Fri 25-Sep-15 15:01:07

what they said!!

why would you shower BEFORE the gym, unless you are really stinky

SladeGreen Fri 25-Sep-15 15:02:53

I prefer an evening shower too. I have a long commute each day and I prefer to go to bed feeling clean and not covered in germs from the smelly train

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 25-Sep-15 15:04:07

I always have a bath before bed, I don't like getting into bed dirty and change bedding weekly ect ect. I'm not a sweaty person so unless I've been shagging all night I don't bother with a shower in the morning.

hellsbellsmelons Fri 25-Sep-15 15:05:01

It depends for me.
I have a bath some evenings and if I do then I don't shower in the morning.
If I don't have a bath in the evening then I shower in the morning.
Blimey, we'd have no natural oils left if we showered or bathed more than once a day.

wonkylegs Fri 25-Sep-15 15:05:39

I need it in the morning to feel awake, so it's not a cleanliness thing more a being able to function. As long as you don't smell I don't see it matters when you shower.
I had a friend express horror that I don't wash my hair everyday. I only wash it once a week or if it smells (from a bonfire or a pub) because otherwise it goes the consistency of straw and looks terrible.

HackerFucker22 Fri 25-Sep-15 15:08:08

I shower every other day (mornings) and on non shower days I have a sink wash - bits and pits with a flannel flannels are loathed here i know and yes flannel goes straight in dirty washing.

Clothes, underwear and pj's clean everyday, bed linen changed weekly.

rainpouringrainbows Fri 25-Sep-15 15:10:10

hahaha thank you, glad it's not just me.

We can't even be blamed for morning smells in trains/ tubes or others grin.

(and I am a SAHM anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now