Talk

Advanced search

To be pissed off with SIL because of this?

(14 Posts)
Pissedoffpenelope Tue 22-Sep-15 11:43:25

Nc'd for this. Dh called around to see his sister and her family on Sunday. He rang her Saturday evening and again on Sunday morning to check times and make sure she would be in etc. She suggested he bring our 2 dcs and they could play with her dd (9 mths old, same as our dd) Brilliant. I got a lovely 3 hours of blissful peace and quiet on my own.

Dh came home and was saying how his dn hadn't been well. In fact, she had been so ill that SIL had brought her Sunday morning to the out of hours doctor who diagnosed a very bad chest infection and put her on steriods and antibiotics. I was a bit hmm when he said this as it was after this doctors visit that SIL told him to bring our dcs with him. Yesterday, they were both a bit stuffy and now today, they both have hacking coughs and high temperatures sad

I know kids get sick and it spreads like wildfire but aibu to think that she shouldn't have invited our dcs over or at least should have told dh that her dd wasn't well? I wouldn't mind if it was just a dose of sniffles but her dd was actually quite sick and now my 2 are as well angry

WorraLiberty Tue 22-Sep-15 11:54:53

I'm sure if they were stuffy yesterday, they were probably going to get ill anyway.

Especially as I'm sure your DH would have kept them away from the baby, being as she was so ill.

Hope they're feeling better soon thanks

gamerchick Tue 22-Sep-15 11:54:56

No I would be spitting as well. I know illness can't be avoided sometimes but at least give the choice if you know you have a house of lurgy angry

Bellebella Tue 22-Sep-15 11:56:34

Yanbu I hate it when people do this. Last year my ds was sick all over his first birthday needing antibiotics and a asthma pump because a family member brought her sick child round.

I always tell people with children that my ds is ill so would be better to rearrange.

CigarsofthePharoahs Tue 22-Sep-15 12:00:10

Op, this sort of thing annoys me too. Yes, sickness can't be helped but if you or your child is obviously infectious with something then say so and don't get offended if people decide to stay away.

BumWad Tue 22-Sep-15 12:05:42

YANBU I would be pissed off too

BarbarianMum Tue 22-Sep-15 12:07:33

Have answered on your other thread - I think YABU but hope kids are better soon.

Witchend Tue 22-Sep-15 12:09:34

Be unusually quick to start in less than 24 hours. Chances are they were going down with it earlier.

Pissedoffpenelope Tue 22-Sep-15 12:18:36

It was before bed yesterday evening that the snuffles started so about 30 hours after visiting SIL. Maybe IABU. But I am particularly annoyed because SIL is the type to moan about everyone else making her and dd sick when they become ill. She called her friend out on fb a few months back, saying that she had caused her to get the vomiting bug. And when my own kids are ill, I never go visiting and do my best not to leave the jouse with them umless absolutely necessary. Thanks for the well wishes smile

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Tue 22-Sep-15 13:18:52

That would piss me right off. I'd make a point out of checking the current health status before visiting for the foreseeable, so she gets it that I was pissed off too.

It doesn't matter if your kids were already incubating it. The point is that it is highly likely it would be passed on regardless and the responsible thing to do is to at least give folk a choice before they darken your door. I'd do that even if a doctors visit wasn't required never mind the doctor and drugs.

KurriKurri Tue 22-Sep-15 15:25:05

Whether your kids were incubating it is irrelevant really - it is surely common courtesy to tell potential visitors if your children are ill - so they can choose whether they want to risk it or not (same goes if you are the visitors and your child is off colour)

Pissedoffpenelope Wed 23-Sep-15 15:52:58

Argh I've been to the doctor this morning and the eldest has a bad chest infection and had to get an antibiotic angry The baby has a cough and I'm praying it doesn't get any worse because she is allergic to penecillen so it's tough to shift any bad infections for her. I feel so bad for my poor little man. SIL has been posting on facebook this morning that she is now poorly as well and I have half a mind to leave her a snide comment but it would only cause hassle sad

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Thu 24-Sep-15 10:36:51

Poor kids - I hope it doesn't get worse for your little one.

I'd hide her posts and be kind to your blood pressure. grin

Paintedhandprints Thu 24-Sep-15 12:18:11

Yanbu. This would piss me off. Its not like dn just had a case of the sniffles. Some warning would have been nice! Best wishes for your speedy recoveries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now