Talk

Advanced search

To buy cutlery?

(10 Posts)
LittleMissIntrovert Wed 16-Sep-15 19:22:42

I bought some yesterday, less than £2, just a cheap set as they didn't just have spoons.

We seem to go through a lot of spoons, and they seem to disappear.

We don't have a dishwasher, and I do the washing up once a day usually.

I was doing the washing up and the cutlery was in the box in the kitchen.

My husband asked me what I had bought cutlery for (fair question, but it was the tone of voice) so I said so we had more spoons, he then asked which bits we actually need, I said spoons again as we always seem to run out, and could he please open the box for me so I could wash them. He did this huffily.

I could have pulled him up on his voice, but would have got one of these responses -

I was only asking, and would have denied tone of voice.

Or he would have said I could just do the washing up more regularly. (And not in a nice way)

It's cutlery FFS! angry

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 16-Sep-15 19:25:42

Sounds like the purchase of cutlery is the least of your problems. Does he often use 'the tone' and question you like this? Huff & puff over trivial things?

pigsDOfly Wed 16-Sep-15 19:30:32

Sorry OP but I don't really understand what your post is about.

Is your AIBU about buying cutlery, washing up once a day, or being annoyed by your DH's questions?

If you needed spoons why didn't you just buy spoons?

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 16-Sep-15 19:35:13

Op wanted spoons but had to buy a cheap pack of cutlery to be able to get spoons, couldn't buy them separately. Husband moody over purchase of cutlery, or having to open the box - or something.

LittleMissIntrovert Wed 16-Sep-15 19:36:06

grumpy yes I get the passive aggressive treatment all the time.

But it is denied if i bring it up, he doesn't realize he is doing it, or I get a reason for it (ie I shouldn't have to buy cutlery if I wash up more)

I know I should be able to buy spoons, I'm a grown woman, just doesn't feel like it sometimes! Just wanted to rant grin

pigsDOfly Wed 16-Sep-15 19:39:18

Well if he doesn't like the fact that the washing up is only done once a day you should tell him he can do it himself as often as he likes.

Grumpyoldblonde Wed 16-Sep-15 19:39:47

Ah yes, I used to get this kind of thing. I managed to nip it in the bud, I use a long, hard stare, as if I can't quite believe the question.

NotMeNotYouNotAnyone Wed 16-Sep-15 21:10:36

You can buy packs of just spoons at poundland

AlpacaLypse Wed 16-Sep-15 21:14:08

Well if he doesn't like the fact that the washing up is only done once a day you should tell him he can do it himself as often as he likes.

^^

This.

Although he may of course attempt to play the 'doing it so slowly and so craply that you give in and do it yourself' card.

Millymollymama Wed 16-Sep-15 22:27:06

Buy plastic spoons - hundreds of them. Give them to him for Christmas then he will never be without a spoon! Have you married a child? I expect his Mum washed up every minute of the day to ensure a constant supply of sparkling spoons for the whole family!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now