Talk

Advanced search

when to put notice in?

(9 Posts)
Faye12345 Sun 13-Sep-15 09:39:07

Hello i got a new job on Wednesday wooo and need to give 8 weeks notice in my current job. In a fortnight im off for two weeks so wanted to put my notice in before then! I spoke to a friend and she knows how unhappy i am so said put my notice in now as crb and references will be fine! Im tempted as i cant bear being there. Wibu??

EatSleepWorkRepeat Sun 13-Sep-15 09:41:23

Tbh I've never even considered references/ CRB etc and have always handed in notice as soon as I've verbally accepted new job... several jobs I've had they actually haven't officially confirmed the job until a few days after I've started! Maybe not the way it should be done but worked out ok for me grin

DoreenLethal Sun 13-Sep-15 09:42:46

When your DBS and references are back, then give notice.

Faye12345 Sun 13-Sep-15 09:46:06

Conflicting advice but different views to consider! I just cant bear it and hr tend to be slow with things too!hmm

Purplepoodle Sun 13-Sep-15 10:20:59

Iv always handed notice in when iv received written confirmation of job offer but checks used to be done within a months

Thelushinthepub Sun 13-Sep-15 10:22:14

They'll know you have new job when they get a reference request so it's only polite to tell them before that

Lilaclily Sun 13-Sep-15 10:22:52

I've always handed it in when I heard verbally
Often I've not had my contract until starting the new job shock

Faye12345 Sun 13-Sep-15 10:29:06

Hi pub im going to tell them. My manager knew re interview but is off until next week. X

ilovesooty Sun 13-Sep-15 10:33:28

Tell them by all means but I wouldn't give notice in writing until you have a firm job offer in writing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now