to neve buy shoes from a shop ever again?

(21 Posts)
PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 13:43:16

After a summer of ebay bargains (all high-end high street or designer, all unworn) with only one failure (French Sole ballet pumps - too small), I cannot see myself ever buying shoes for shop prices again.

Unless they are from Shoeaholics. Or TKMaxx??
Ah, well, I suppose, IABU, but I'll start a fred anyway grin

pinkmanbitch Fri 11-Sep-15 15:03:52

I would never buy shoes online (unless I wanted the same pair as a friend who has the same sized feet and I've tried them on)

I'm a 4 in some shops and a 5.5 in others! Too much variation to risk the hassle of returning shoes bought online

wonkylegs Fri 11-Sep-15 15:07:09

As I find it almost impossible to find shoes that fit my freaky shaped feet I will be sticking to being able to try them on. I am so pleased today after 18months of searching and trying on boots to have found a pair that fits and looks ok. I'm not sure the women in Clarks quite understood how happy I was when I tried them on.

mollie123 Fri 11-Sep-15 16:43:20

have to agree OP
some bargains to be had (often never worn shoes) on Ebay and I have difficult feet - some makes size 4, others 4.5 (like hens teeth) and others size 5
I buy any of the above sizes based on maker and if they are too big/too small and can not be insoled to fit I pass them on to a charity shop
my success rate is about 90% fit OK mainly the better makes. smile

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 20:47:47

Yes, 90% success rate here too - and the pair that did not fit I sold again for more than I had paid for them, even though I'd bought them 'new without box' and sold them 'used' grin

My feet have become bigger with pregnancies/age AND I have become more demanding on the comfort front, so I know go for a 6, when I had always been a 5 and maybe should have been a 5.5.

I love a bargain, me!

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 11-Sep-15 20:51:18

How do you find all these great bargains on eBay, whenever I look it's full of used shit from 2/3 years ago.

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 20:56:16

Many hours wasted?? blush

I suppose I am not that bothered about 'seasons' or stuff being right bang up to date.
I only look at high-end brands and quite classic styles - as far as I'm concerned a black stiletto is a black stiletto.

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 20:56:49

I did not type those ?? confused

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 11-Sep-15 21:00:06

A stiletto is a stiletto agreed, I was thinking more about the clothes.

Otoh I've had some great bargains off fb selling pages for dc stuff and house stuff. I like a bargain to op.

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 21:07:43

Ah, yes, clothes?? hm, I find those harder. Got some nice cashmere jumpers, but anything fitted I'd need to try on.
I don't FB grin

Sunshineandsilverbirch Fri 11-Sep-15 21:12:07

I have difficult feet to fit. I need to buy the actual shoes I've tried on. I've even had disasters trying on in one colour and then ordering another colour online.

BrandNewAndImproved Fri 11-Sep-15 21:12:49

I really want a cashmere jumper without paying full price. I may have a trawl through now!

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 21:26:11

Go looking for Jaeger 100% cashmere - lovely, lovely stuff smile

EnthusiasmDisturbed Fri 11-Sep-15 21:35:29

My nicest clothes and shoes have nearly all come from eBay in the last few years

I am not fussed if they are still in good condition

EachandEveryone Fri 11-Sep-15 21:50:42

What shoe brands are you looking at? I don't know many high end ones!

pandarific Fri 11-Sep-15 22:05:08

everything5pounds.com

Absolutely love it - new stuff goes up every day at 12, so you've got to be quick. But nice high street stuff and occasionally something really gorgeous.

pandarific Fri 11-Sep-15 22:05:42

Oh and YANBU - online shopping is like someone is sending you presents. And they're just your taste!

PacificDogwood Fri 11-Sep-15 22:12:19

I seem to have developed a weakness for Russell&Bromley which I would never be able to afford full whack. Pied a Terre, some Clark's for work, gorgeous heeled Chloe loafers, I look and lust after all sorts, but I try to curtail myself to what I 'need' (used in its loosest sense) blush

Fluffyears Sat 12-Sep-15 00:53:53

Try vinted, it's like e-bay but for clothes and shoes only.

Bunbaker Sat 12-Sep-15 01:01:36

I have to try on several pairs of shoes before I find any that fit comfortably. I take a 5 1/2 or a 6 depending on where I buy. I can't buy online because I would be spending all my time returning shoes.

You must have very standard sized and shaped feet.

PacificDogwood Sat 12-Sep-15 09:48:41

Ooh, do NOT under any circumstances give me more ideas!! <takes notes> grin

Hm, standard feet, I dunno. They are wide and have a high instep, I suppose I stick to the styles I know suit me. There's no doubt, it is a gamble, but one I enjoy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now