Talk

Advanced search

to never set foot in Netto again?

(15 Posts)
NotTodaySatan Tue 08-Sep-15 20:01:55

I hate Aldi and don't have a Lidl nearby.

Recently discovered a shiny new Netto and thought I was converted to the cheap supermarket experience. Vanilla danishes still warm from the oven, mmm. Delicious pulled pork you just have to heat in the oven. Branded chocolate! And a lovely walnut bloomer that I had a slice of earlier AND BIT INTO AN UNIDENTIFIED GREY FIBROUS MATTER that is 100% definitely not fucking walnut <<voms>>.

DP thinks it was string or some sort of packaging that has accidentally fallen into the dough. I say it's obviously a mummified rat tail or a Netto employee's used sanitary towel.

Never darkening their door again. Yuck yuck YUCK.

It simply doesn't happen with Ocado. I'm sorry I strayed sad.

DoJo Tue 08-Sep-15 20:07:51

You can't post that without a picture!

NotTodaySatan Tue 08-Sep-15 20:09:12

I know DoJo I bloody forgot to take one sad. Sent DP to the bin but it's under minging stuff.

Honestly, it was like paper meets wire wool. So very unpleasant and unexpected shock.

ALemonyPea Tue 08-Sep-15 20:11:01

Didn't realise Netto still existed. I thought Asda bought them out?

You should have kept it and returned it to the shop.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 08-Sep-15 20:11:33

Yeah, photo means it actually happened and allows us to come up with revolting ideas for what it might be.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 08-Sep-15 20:13:02

Papery wire wool? It'll be something pubic, possibly not human.

NotTodaySatan Tue 08-Sep-15 20:14:08

It actually happened Shatners. I have better things to do with my time than make up defamatory stories about budget supermarkets grin.

ImperialBlether Tue 08-Sep-15 20:15:28

But you get things like that from all places - I had kitchen towel in something from M&S.

BertieBotts Tue 08-Sep-15 20:15:44

It probably was a walnut. A mouldy walnut. Walnuts can have a sort of squeaky texture.

ShatnersBassoon Tue 08-Sep-15 20:16:53

I believe it happened, I just love repulsive things and feel sad that I can't zoom in and study the horrible foreign body grin

NotTodaySatan Tue 08-Sep-15 20:19:19

Bertie it was about 5 inches long! Maybe Netto genetically modify walnuts for their loaves.

It probably does happen everywhere Imperial but I didn't have so much as a single substitution in three years with Ocado. I feel confident that I won't bite into something so gross with their bread. Even if it does cost 6 quid.

DoJo Tue 08-Sep-15 20:20:40

I found something that looked like a bit of sandpaper lurking in amongst the layers of a Tesco nappy the other day - I was a bit annoyed that it was in something that he was going to shit in, so I can only imagine how the 'mouth-feel' of something like that would make you want to vom!

ShatnersBassoon Tue 08-Sep-15 20:21:42

5 inches? That's an impressive length. Get it out of the bin and photograph it. Please blush

londonrach Tue 08-Sep-15 20:23:51

Photo please op..

Goshthatsspicy Tue 08-Sep-15 20:39:01

Photo please

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now