Talk

Advanced search

To not believe that there is not a woman alive who would like to be 18 again?

(109 Posts)
iPaid Thu 27-Aug-15 11:59:02

According to actress Amanda Redman 'There's not a woman alive who wouldn't like to be 18 again; don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise'

Anyone agree/disagree?

Daily Mail link

EatShitDerek Thu 27-Aug-15 12:01:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hazeyjane Thu 27-Aug-15 12:03:21

I can't work out if that sentence means I am supposed to want to be 18 again, or I'm not supposed to?!

However, as wild and lovely as it was, I wouldn't want to be 18 again. No. Way. I like being right where I am.

wonkylegs Thu 27-Aug-15 12:04:28

The only reason I'd like to be 18 again is that at 19 I became ill was diagnosed with a disabling chronic disease. Otherwise most of my best moments in life happened after that and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

BeautifulLiar Thu 27-Aug-15 12:04:58

It means that you DO want to be 18 again.

W00t Thu 27-Aug-15 12:05:11

I'd definitely be 18 again, and make some decent decisions this time!

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Thu 27-Aug-15 12:05:17

Strongly disagree. I hated the teenage years. I was shy nervous not to sound shallow but as ugly as sin, and people boys especially made a point of telling me.
I wouldn't go back there for £1,000,000.

FuckOffHacker Thu 27-Aug-15 12:07:08

Yeah I loved being 18/19!

I'd also change a lot.

BitandBot Thu 27-Aug-15 12:09:11

No but I'd love to be 30 again. It's all going too fast.

BrianCoxReborn Thu 27-Aug-15 12:09:33

Nope. As fun as they were at the time,t late teens and early twenties are happily behind me.

My die-hard twenties was so uncomfortable, not knowing who I was or where I belonged.

My 30's have been pretty fucking fantastic, even with traumas and ups and downs. I know my mind, I know who is worth my time and who is going to cause me upset.

Why on earth would anybody want to go back to uncertainty, lack of life experience and having to face everything that follows ?

JeffsanArsehole Thu 27-Aug-15 12:10:53

Only if I knew what I know now and then go back.

I'm not reliving that shite again hmm Bad marriage, bad career, miscarriage, rape, illnesses. Fuck that, I barely got through it the first time.

BrianCoxReborn Thu 27-Aug-15 12:11:05

Die-hard = mid-to late (why autocorrect?? Why???)

Houseworkavoider Thu 27-Aug-15 12:13:19

Nope. Not me!
I was pg and had hg so would not be in a rush to go back.
Part oft would like to go back and tell younger me to bin then dp earlier, but who knows how that would change my life now.
<have watched 'back to the future'!>

WhispersOfWickedness Thu 27-Aug-15 12:13:32

No way, life was shit between 18 and 23ish, would NOT like to have to re-live all that! I'm happy to stay where I am now though (early thirties) smile

GoooRooo Thu 27-Aug-15 12:14:44

No way. 18 - 30 was pretty crap. It's got better since then. I'd do my 30s over again in a heartbeat.

JeffreysMummyisCross Thu 27-Aug-15 12:15:25

Absolutely agree, would hate to be 18, or even in my 20s again.

Reading about all the sexual harassment that young women have to put up with these days makes me grateful to be middle-aged and invisible. And I have grown out of being a people-pleaser too.

bikeandrun Thu 27-Aug-15 12:15:52

Fuck off fucking Daily mail links.( can you tell I'm in a bad mood today

DawnOfTheDoggers Thu 27-Aug-15 12:18:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Birdsgottafly Thu 27-Aug-15 12:19:09

I was doing a quiz, online for fun.

There was a question "would you want to be ten years younger or older, or the age you are now". I honestly am happy the age I am. I wish my skin looked better but I like the mindset that I'm in as I approach 50.

I find being my age, with the knowledge that I have, difficult enough, when "everyday sexism" is everywhere, I'd probably end up being sectioned (or doing time), I certainly wouldn't cope with not being taken seriously, or being patronised etc.

I spent my 20's struggling to conceive, had a good time in my late thirties, but like we're I am emotionally now.

CombineBananaFister Thu 27-Aug-15 12:19:11

Nope, would not like to be 18 again and not trying to fool anyone. Yes I had youthful skin, glossy hair and thighs that didn't touch but I didn't appreciate them as I as insecure, anxious and silly.
Much rather be 30 again, not in is good condition looks wise but much more confident and secure and able to enjoy myself with a better disposable income.
Looking youthful (if that's her main basis for suggesting it) is not the be all and end all. Just realized I sound like a car, depreciating in value grin

Shockers Thu 27-Aug-15 12:19:39

I wouldn't like to be 18 again. 28 maybe...

U2HasTheEdge Thu 27-Aug-15 12:20:16

Fuck no.

I would hate to be that young again.

thehypocritesoaf Thu 27-Aug-15 12:21:01

Rubbish!

I wouldn't mind looking 18 again but no I'm super happy mid 40s.

AbeSaidYes Thu 27-Aug-15 12:21:20

Is her comment based upon what she looked like when she was 18? I don't get it. 18 was great.

Backforthis Thu 27-Aug-15 12:22:35

Back to when I was 17 for a week to undo some mistakes and then be my age again, yes. 18 again generally, fuck no. The hormones making it feel like the end of the world if something goes wrong, the harassment for having breasts in public, the hassle of dating ... I'm much happier being 36, invisible to men (except DH) and off the emotional roller coaster.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now