Talk

Advanced search

To use this for a babysitter? (Lighthearted-ish)

(3 Posts)
elfycat Sat 22-Aug-15 18:52:02

Not screen time for a change wink

Soft play. Yes I know it's a festering pit of bodily fluids, kid-style but the DDs are having their third soft play session in as many days. For the last 2 days I've had peace and the time to create worksheets for a group activity I'm leading in a couple of weeks. Today I'm at a zoo and instead of looking at animals and learning stuff the DDs are running around the SP and I'm drinking coffee, browsing the internet, and doing a hobby.

I have the ability to drown out the noise, I did about a quarter of my OU degree at soft play in the local leisure centre. So this is a longish-term solution for my study/hobby time.

AIBU to use SP as a babysitter for days? I figure they're getting exercise and learning how to get along with each other half the time random people and make acquaintances. I have just offered to take them to see at least one animal but they asked for 5 more minutes, which could be anything from 10 mins to an hour or so. And then they want to go to an outdoor play area.

Or should I go and interact with them myself?

AuntieStella Sat 22-Aug-15 18:55:26

Sounds OK to me, as long as you keep sufficient surveillance of them to be sure they are behaving normally. And hoik them straight out f they go completely feral

elfycat Sat 22-Aug-15 19:04:49

Oh yes AuntieStella I have an Auntie Stella BTW and I gat bit worried if I see you around MN

I'm in the thick of the noise. They're 4 and 6 yo, usually well behaved and for their ages thoughtful and considerate. I have hauled DD2 out of SP a couple of times this year for misbehaving, but it was at the first incident. The mother of a child she'd pushed over (by accident barreling past. She's a tall and solid child) said that she certainly wasn't expecting us to leave. We have a one issue and we're gone policy (which encourages good behaviour and gives me longer in peace next time)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now