Talk

Advanced search

To switch seats because she won't shush

(17 Posts)
whattodohatethis Sat 22-Aug-15 13:38:21

Lighthearted.

Sat on the train and the woman sat opposite me is having the loudest conversation with her friend. Which I don't mind. Her friend keeps making her laugh. But she's not even real laughing. She's fake laughing. One of those really loud, long obnoxious laughs, one of those cackly high pitched fake ones that makes your ears bleed.

I fear I must either punch her or move seats.

tobysmum77 Sat 22-Aug-15 13:42:15

yabu to moan at someone for laughing. but quite obviously you can sit where you like, quite reasonably wink

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Aug-15 13:42:55

Punch her and then move seats.

Frusso Sat 22-Aug-15 13:43:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AuntyMag10 Sat 22-Aug-15 13:52:31

I hate people with built in boom boxes who have no consideration for anyone. Seriously they must be really thick to never notice how bloody loud they speak especially in confined spaces.

SavoyCabbage Sat 22-Aug-15 13:52:53

Could you punch a cake right in front of her? The shock might silence her.

It take the opportunity to perfect your own fake laugh.

SavoyCabbage Sat 22-Aug-15 13:53:19

*or

whattodohatethis Sat 22-Aug-15 13:54:03

Punch her and then move, that may be my solution ;)

That or imitate the "work laugh" that Monica did in friends every time she laughs

JustMeOverHere Sat 22-Aug-15 14:08:30

Pretend to call (or really call ) a friend and say "wanted you to hear this!" Take the phone away from your ear, then say " did you hear that?" And then punctuate it with "I know!" "Amazing really..."

Or just move. smile

Branleuse Sat 22-Aug-15 15:02:11

Have a fake conversation on the phone while youre getting up and moving, about really loud inconsiderate people in your carriage with no volume control

Cloppysow Sat 22-Aug-15 15:55:38

I agree with punching a cake.

Euphemia Sat 22-Aug-15 16:04:34

DH once shouted "Would you PLEASE keep your voice down?!" at a woman in McD's for talking far too loud. blush He was bang out of order, but in his defence she was one of those selfish people who have to bellow the whole time and don't give a stuff about the effect on anyone else. She did quieten down though. blush

FruSirkaOla Sat 22-Aug-15 16:11:34

If there's space elsewhere, I'd just move ..... without punching anyone grin

hannibalismisunderstood Sat 22-Aug-15 17:24:17

My DD is going to be one of these annoying people when older... she doesn't seem to have an indoor voice and I have a constant headache! I apologise in advance to all who endure her noise.... she's only 5 at the moment but can't see it improving.... mini fish wife grin

AuntyMag10 Sat 22-Aug-15 18:13:48

Euphemia the fact that quietened down meant that she could, just that's she's damn inconsiderate. Well done to your dh actually, these people definitely need to be told.

Chasingsquirrels Sat 22-Aug-15 18:30:30

My exMIL used to say my ds1 had a fake laugh, I wanted to punch her - he was 2 ffs

Euphemia Sat 22-Aug-15 22:28:37

I was mortified and proud of him at the same time, AuntyMag!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now