Talk

Advanced search

To hate weekends?

(6 Posts)
WanderingTrolley1 Fri 21-Aug-15 19:41:57

I am depressed. Switched from Sertraline to venlafaxeen 2 weeks ago, but not getting any respite - in fact, feeling worse.

I'm a sahm, DP works full time. I long for some time-out at the weekends, but it never comes.

The last 4/5 weeks, DP has had to work the weekends, which has been extra stressful for me.

I have absolutely nothing to look forward to.

DP informs me that he'll need to work again this weekend. I sigh, he storms out saying "thanks for your support". I know he needs to work, but I'm just so desperate.

Aibu to feel like my needs aren't being considered?

woowoo22 Fri 21-Aug-15 20:06:42

DP is a twat and needs to step up (assuming you are not in dire financial straits). Is he supportive of you?

Can you go back to work pt for some headspace/company etc?

ilovesooty Fri 21-Aug-15 20:15:42

I suppose it depends how you interpret step up. It doesn't sound as though refusal to work weekends is an option.

OP I hope you feel better soon. Two weeks is early days.

PumpkinPie2013 Fri 21-Aug-15 20:17:07

I'm sorry you're feeling this way.

Is there a particular reason your partner is working weekends (aside from extra cash ) is it his choice?

If so, he needs to appreciate that you need support and reduce the weekend working either by doing only one day or every other weekend.

Do you have anyone else who can help /keep you company? Parents/siblings /friends?

I hope you get some support soon.

googoodolly Fri 21-Aug-15 20:34:48

Unless he's self-employed, I very much doubt he has to work 7 days a week for 4/5 weeks in a row unless it's out of choice. Unless you're going to say he's some hotshot lawyer on a big case or something similar.

Have you told him just how tough you're finding things? Depression is horrible and two weeks into medication is really early days. Give it another week or so and if you still have no improvement, go back to your GP.

If your DP has to work all those hours, would it be possible to get some childcare one or two days a week so you get some time out? Maybe a day at a childminders or nursery? It's so important you get some time to decompress - especially if your mental health is fragile.

flowers

redskybynight Fri 21-Aug-15 20:44:21

How old are your DC. If school age, could they go round to a school friend's for a bit (and actually although having a friend round means extra child, they will probably amuse yours!)? I get that looking after the DC day after day with no respite is not much fun, but equally it's not much fun for DH working day after day. I can see that you are both frazzled.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now