Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit hmm? about this? Facebook related

(21 Posts)
ginmakesitallok Tue 18-Aug-15 21:27:19

A mum of dd's friend in school just popped up in my "people you might know" thing.

She has a pic of her dd with my dd as her profile pic and cover photo. Don't know why this is annoying me? Should I friend request her and message her that I like the photos in a typically passive aggressive way? Is it weird?

UrethraFranklin1 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:28:40

Probably she likes the pic of her DD. She doesn't care whether your DD is in it.

You don't own it, she can use it if she likes.

MyLovelyFriend2015 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:29:34

No its not weird

Her dd is in the pic with one if her friends

firefly78 Tue 18-Aug-15 21:29:50

that would piss me off.

LunchpackOfNotreDame Tue 18-Aug-15 21:30:49

Unless there are particular safeguarding issues around sharing pictures of your child yabu

ginmakesitallok Tue 18-Aug-15 21:31:17

I guess I just wouldn't post pic of a child without letting their parent know. Just think it's bad manners. Must be just me!

ginmakesitallok Tue 18-Aug-15 21:32:28

There aren't any safeguarding issues, but she doesn't know that.

MrsMcColl Tue 18-Aug-15 21:34:22

I wouldn't do it myself. I know that lots of parents don't share pics of their kids on fb, and it's good manners to check.

Squishyeyeballs Tue 18-Aug-15 21:34:45

Am I the only one who would never post a picture of someone else's child without asking?? hmm

MrsMcColl Tue 18-Aug-15 21:36:49

That's what I meant, Squishy - I wouldn't post without asking.

Spilose Tue 18-Aug-15 21:42:52

I would never do this and would be irritated if someone else did. I wouldn't say anything though.

DeeWe Tue 18-Aug-15 21:44:00

If you message her saying you like the photo she'll surely take it as that: you like the photo.
I think you'll have to spell it out to her that you intend this to be passive aggressive unless everyone round you take the expression "I like..." to mean something totally different to the expression I know.

Iamatotalandutteridiot Tue 18-Aug-15 21:44:17

I wouldn't post a picture of any other child without checking with the parent and NEVER use them as profle or cover pictures which are open to all. Just not SM etiquette.

RJnomaaaaaargh Tue 18-Aug-15 21:45:19

I think it's bad manners too.

ginmakesitallok Tue 18-Aug-15 21:46:26

I know Deewe, I won't say anything. Will just continue to be hmm

Squishyeyeballs Tue 18-Aug-15 21:47:49

Sorry xpost mrsmccoll I wasn't having a go at you grin

ArendelleQueen Tue 18-Aug-15 21:49:40

YANBU. I'm quite relaxed about photos and social media but I do find it a bit weird. I'd just crop out the other child.

rookiemere Tue 18-Aug-15 21:49:43

I wouldn't do that. I don't post pictures of other peoples DCs unless a) they are friends of mine on FB ( the parent that is) and b) I know that they post pictures of their DCs on FB already. I don't post group birthday pics for that reason.

I think it's a bit weird that your DD is in her cover photo. It's obviously the best photo that she has of herself, but not polite to have other peoples DCs in it.

You can't say anything though as you'll sound a bit weird.

Mintyy Tue 18-Aug-15 21:50:23

No, you are not being a bit hmm at all.

Some people are just fucking DENSE if they think this is ok.

Mintyy Tue 18-Aug-15 21:51:23

Why wouldn't you say anything Spilose?

chablisfan Tue 18-Aug-15 21:56:15

No
I don't think it is ok at all if your child is 16 or less
i would not like this.
Am sure it is unintentional ( as in she just didn't think ) but as a cover photo .. .. No way.
I would ask her really nicely would she mind swapping it as you hear so many horror stories ( stuff does happen ) about posts of kids on Facebook .
X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now