Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to educate me on Forever Living...

(8 Posts)
Loki17 Tue 18-Aug-15 18:00:40

I have a friend who has become a Forever Aloe distributor. She is using fb to advertise her business. I understand, from reading stuff on here, that it is a multi - level marketing scheme and a bit of a con, but that is as much as I know. She has sent messages about the products she is selling but I thought id just ignore it as it isn't hurting anyone. However, my friend keeps posting about how excited she is about her business venture; she has cleared out a space in her home to set up an office area and has posted lots of 'this is a new start for our family' type posts. She had a baby a few months ago and I'm starting to feel a bit worried about her and how invested she seems. I can't decide whether or not I should say something. Are there any hard facts to support that it is a scam? Or is it just a bit like Avon, in that you don't really make much money from it but the products are fairly decent and it won't cost her anything? I really don't want to piss on her chips, but I'd be gutted if she lost money/got hurt and I didn't say anything.

Coconutty Tue 18-Aug-15 18:04:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

amothersplaceisinthewrong Tue 18-Aug-15 18:05:37

I would ask her has she checked it out as you have heard it might not be all it seems. How much does she have to part with to start up for example....

Pound to a penny it won't make her a fortune,

YUDOTHIS Tue 18-Aug-15 18:15:09

its total shit and the start up kits alone can run into the hundreds. the last i heard personally it was about 130 pounds however ontop of that she'll be persuaded to buy x y and z too to try out and make samples out of for "customers" theres more reps than there are customers and the market is saturated. Quite honestly, I'd give her 6 weeks to figure all of this out for herself. the products are overpriced tat and the reps prey on the vulnerable (such as your friend, a new mother) to get stupid bonuses(maybe an extra 2 percent commission for the month) and it goes around in circles.
if she sold £2000 of aloe shite she'd get approx £100-£400 commission. to do that in a month she'd need to have a massive network of friends and family and live, eat and breathe fl. even if she makes 20 quid a week for the first couple of months eventually friends of hers, like yourself will be sick and tired of being canvassed and will distance themselves, then she will have little money, a dead "self employed" position, a load of stock she cannot shift and will have no friend. she may even be in debt... unfortunately saying something like "this isn't going to work out for you" or "this may not be what it seems" will make her more determined to make it work, as by now she's at least 130-150 quid down, a new mum won't want to lose that!

Loki17 Tue 18-Aug-15 18:19:11

Oh ffs. That is so bloody awful. sad I feel so bad for her now.

lastuseraccount123 Tue 18-Aug-15 18:49:22

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/legal_money_matters/2394271-Ive-been-sucked-into-forever-living-Why-do-I-feel-like-the-bad-guy?pg=35#prettyPhoto

not sure if this helps or not, but the real money is in her recruiting other victims for her 'downline' . agree the whole thing is a scam.

i'm sorry your friend has been sucked in sad

Gatehouse77 Tue 18-Aug-15 18:51:53

As I understand it, it is pyramid selling. Not sure how they get away with it as I thought there were laws preventing such practises - a loophole, no doubt...

Loki17 Tue 18-Aug-15 19:07:02

I've just been reading the other thread. Thanks for posting. I don't know what to do. I don't think a kind word from me will counteract the brain washing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now