Talk

Advanced search

To not want DP's nephew to stay over when I have work in the morning?

(14 Posts)
BoredAdminGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 15:39:27

He wants to stay over to see my kitten, he loves animals and is 11yo.

DP has the next 4 days off and our spare room is being decorated, nowhere to sleep. It means that DN will sleep on sofa in living room where I normally get ready in the morning so not to disturb DP.

I think I am being unreasonable as I am in a foul mood today anyway.

So feel free to tell me IABU

BoredAdminGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 15:45:18

Have told DP "I think I have the blues"

Her response was "I think you have too" Great support!

ImperialBlether Tue 18-Aug-15 15:46:50

Ask your husband, then, where you should get ready in the morning. If he's happy for you to disturb him, then do so.

G1veMeStrength Tue 18-Aug-15 15:48:47

Just get ready in your bedroom?

Heirhelp Tue 18-Aug-15 15:49:01

You will need to get ready in the bedroom but remind your partner that she will need to get up early to look after her nephew. I agree it would be better when your spare room is in action as you will have to go to bed at the same time as the child.

AuntyMag10 Tue 18-Aug-15 15:51:15

Get ready in the bedroom or bathroom?

Sanch1 Tue 18-Aug-15 15:51:39

YABU, get ready in the bathroom, or as it's your DP's nephew she won't mind you disturbing her as a one off will she?!

willconcern Tue 18-Aug-15 15:52:21

If your DP doesn't mind you waking her up when you get ready, then I don't see a problem. DP will probably enjoy spending time with her DN while you're at work. I think you're being a bit selfish, and you're making that worse by using "not disturbing DP when you get ready" as an excuse to make her feel she's being unreasonable by wanting to invite him....

Sorry OP, but yes, YABU.

SurlyCue Tue 18-Aug-15 15:56:36

Get ready in the bathroom. Or the spare room.

Yarp Tue 18-Aug-15 15:56:51

This sin't about the DN is it though? The DN thing sounds easily sortable as everyone's said.

Do you really have the blues?

ImperialBlether Tue 18-Aug-15 15:58:10

Sorry for reference to husband! That'll teach me to make assumptions.

BoredAdminGirl Tue 18-Aug-15 16:02:23

I don't know. Just feel angry and anxious all of the time. I know I am being an arse but I can't seem to help it. Just feel wound up and irate

Yarp Tue 18-Aug-15 16:28:29

How long?

Are you sleeping?

Appetite?

Has something happened at work or home ?

Are you menopausal?

Yarp Tue 18-Aug-15 16:29:55

Have a look

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now