Talk

Advanced search

To feel a bit annoyed

(5 Posts)
Bitannoyed3113 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:24:17

Friend and I trying to arrange dinner at mutual friends house. I have only met mutual friend once but got on with her (she is a childhood friend of my friend, they haven't seen each other for a while though).

Anyway was taking a while to arrange things as we all had differing days we could and couldn't do. Settled on this eve. Friend now texts saying she's just been asked to work late at work. I know this is minor but has it been me I would have just said no to work! I replied sympathising asking if there was any wiggle room at all (ie did she have to take the shift on).

Aibu to feel this is a bit selfish. She doesn't need the money per se and really, tonight of all nights...

Bitannoyed3113 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:28:53

For context mutual friend has specifically arranged their work shifts so they can be there tonight.

Bitannoyed3113 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:30:43

Oh and I would feel a bit awkward going by myself and friend knows this (given that I know mutual friend less), It's only really going to work if we go as a two

whois Tue 18-Aug-15 14:32:31

No just go still! You and the mutual friend meet up - might be the start of a much closer friendship.

Bitannoyed3113 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:43:11

Ok think i will! I'm a bit nervous though, scared it will be awkward (she's really nice, I just mean in the sense that I barely know her and its 1 on 1)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now