Talk

Advanced search

to be miserable and drinking wine at 2pm?

(44 Posts)
sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 13:52:03

It is my birthday today and the only people who have acknowledged it are DH and MIL.

DCs wont stop screeching and screaming and whining. I am supposed to be cooking dinner for PILs coming later, and baking my own cake (!!!!) but instead, I am sitting on here, drinking wine and being deafened by the silence of my phone and facebook.

Long story. Shitty story. But I am devastated about some stuff that has been going on in my so called family, and the fact that it is my birthday is just magnifying it all.

So wine cheers people, happy fucking birthday to me.

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtle Tue 18-Aug-15 13:53:51

Fuck them all. Drink wine. In fact take yourself off out and drink more wine in peace and quiet.

Why are you cooking your own birthday tea and cake?? tell them all they are paying for a take away.

Nabootique Tue 18-Aug-15 13:57:15

What TMNT said. Do not cook for others on YOUR birthday!

And happy birthday! flowers wine cake

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:00:03

DH is at work. I have had one glass and I have stopped. The joy of responsibility.

I am just the one that does it. I do it for everyone on their birthday, dinner and a cake.

The luxury doesn't get extended to me so I have to do it for myself. DH would but he is at work, and he will help out later and do all the cleaning up. This isn't DHs doing. He is lovely. This is the rest of my toxic fucking unbelievably rude family.

mrsmalfoy Tue 18-Aug-15 14:01:57

Happy birthday slice wine
Yanbu to be drinking wine at this time, I was just considering a beer myself.
Also, you shouldn't be cooking for anyone on you birthday hmm

Busybumblebees Tue 18-Aug-15 14:02:19

Happy birthday soup what do you fancy doing for the rest of the day ?

SamJohnsonsBoy Tue 18-Aug-15 14:02:52

Have some virtual cake. Happy birthday.

NoMontagues Tue 18-Aug-15 14:04:46

Happy birthday! cake flowers cake

Don't do the dinner. Get someone to ring for a takeaway instead.

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:05:31

I would like to lie in bed and watch gilmore girls back to back. But that is my defense mechanism when shit hits the fan, right now the DCs are finally playing nicely, I have some nice crisps, and I am going to sit here for a while, and then get up and start the cooking. It is nothing terribly difficult so it will be ok.

I am just so hurt. So so so hurt. I think if I wasn't having weekly counselling I might have a break down. But I am clinging on. Just.

NoMontagues Tue 18-Aug-15 14:05:50

Oh sorry grin agree with PPs ^^

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:06:34

Thank you for all the cake and flowers. smile

KenDoddsDadsDog Tue 18-Aug-15 14:06:39

Happy Birthday ! cake

nottheOP Tue 18-Aug-15 14:06:53

sad

flowers & birthday cake for you.

Try to focus on the good. Do something fun with the dc so they're not screaming & go to m&s for cake. Eat out or takeaway tonight.

Be kind to you on your birthday

Purpledahlia88 Tue 18-Aug-15 14:07:04

Happy birthday. And cheers! ��

deepdarkwood Tue 18-Aug-15 14:07:04

God, don't cook - order takeaway/whatever ready type meal you like best. Buy cake - or encourage DCs to help you if that's could count as fun. Or go postmodern and get a cheese cake of three delicious tiers of your favourite cheese. Happy birthday.

BumWad Tue 18-Aug-15 14:07:18

Happy birthday op. Do you have to do the cooking? Can DH buy a cake on the way home?

NoMontagues Tue 18-Aug-15 14:07:59

Oh bloody hell another x-post.

This isn't really good enough OP. Would you not consider just not doing the dinner use this as a line in the sand in terms of what you are prepared to put up with.

You sound fed up and it's not going to change if you keep doing what you're doing.

SurlyValentine Tue 18-Aug-15 14:10:40

Happy birthday soup cake flowers wine

Tell your DCs that as it's your birthday you would like one day (well, half a day now!) without any screeching, screaming or whining, or when it's their birthdays you will screech, scream and whine at them all day grin

Text/email your DH now and tell him you really don't want to make your own birthday dinner and cake, so you would like for him to pick up a cake on his way home, and get a takeaway for you all later.

If you don't really want your PIL round tonight, then tell them you've got a storming headache so will have to cancel dinner.

And bollocks to your family #chinchin

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:19:20

The dinner is for PILs and they are lovely. So I don't mind. My stinking family are nowhere to be seen...

We are skint so can't do takeaway, but it is a temporary thing until friday, DH is taking me out on sat night, to my choice of restaurant, and PILs are babysitting.

DD1 is excited about baking cake with me.

It is not all doom and gloom. But I had a stinking row with my mum yesterday, and as usual everything is twisted round to be my fault, when actually I have done nothing wrong. And the rest of my family have taken her "side" without even finding out my version of events.

SurlyValentine Tue 18-Aug-15 14:21:41

Then ignore all of my post except the last line...smile

ImperialBlether Tue 18-Aug-15 14:23:10

Happy Birthday!

It might be time to withdraw from your family if they cause you nothing but pain. It's hard to do but so much better than having your expectations raised again and again.

lavenderpekins Tue 18-Aug-15 14:26:25

Op thats awful - poor you!
How old are your dcs?
I would suggest getting out and going to the cinema with them or something? Then meet in laws out at pizza express or something.
Happy Birthday cake

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:26:29

Thanks everyone.

Its ok Surly I know what you mean, and I would say the same on a thread like this. smile

Yep Imperial totally NC is fast approaching. I was giving it one last try, which I talked over with my counsellor, and she agreed. But there doesn't look to be any other way left to go. There is only so much I can take.

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Aug-15 14:27:51

They are only little, 6 and 2. They are mostly little angels, its the high pitched screeching that is annoying. grin

Busybumblebees Tue 18-Aug-15 14:31:46

focus on the good

you have your lovely husband and in laws as well as your children who love you for being you .

life is too short to be around people who make you feel shit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now