Talk

Advanced search

To think 7.00AM is too early for the NDN to have the lawnmower going?????

(24 Posts)
Rab19 Tue 18-Aug-15 07:40:49

Kids having a lie in due to school hols, he's out there wîth the fucking lawnmower!!! Seriously????!

AliceAlice1979 Tue 18-Aug-15 07:47:07

We've got scaffolding going up next door since 7. Bloody loud. Sympathies

urrrnurrrjohnsnurrr Tue 18-Aug-15 07:47:13

You don't live across the road from me do you? The chap across the way was also doing exactly that confused

Limer Tue 18-Aug-15 07:49:21

I'd say 7am is probably the earliest that lawn mowing/use of noisy garden machinery should be allowed, but YABU.

cashewnutty Tue 18-Aug-15 07:49:56

I can never get the MN anger at grass cutting in the morning ( or in the evening for that matter). I think it is a nice sound. But I do live on a golf course and hear the ground staff out at first light every single day (5.30/6.00am at the height of summer) doing the mowing. Doesn't bother me in the slightest and my DC have always slept through it.

Minisoksmakehardwork Tue 18-Aug-15 07:50:56

Yabslightlyu. It's a weekday. I'd have more sympathy at the weekend.

Methe Tue 18-Aug-15 07:58:09

7 weeks of lay-ins I think the kids can cope with one disturbed sleep!

Yabu. It's s week day.

MidniteScribbler Tue 18-Aug-15 08:01:32

In summer, on a weekday, then I think it's acceptable. It can be 30 degrees by 9am here, so everyone gets their lawns/outdoor jobs done early in the hot months. Sensible really.

School kids not getting to sleep in for one day of their holidays is not something I could find myself getting worked up about. They can always have an afternoon nap if they find the struggle of a full day out of bed too much to handle.

DiscoDiva70 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:01:59

It's hard to say if yabu as there's probably a few reasons why your ndn is doing it at this time.
If he's pushed for time and out at work all day and he thinks it'll maybe rain later then yabu.

If you have children who are driving him mental annoying him with their excessive noise probably at night when they should be in bed then, he's maybe decided to not consider your feelings and again yabu.

However, if you and your children are respectful to him regarding noise or whatever, and if he would have time later on to mow the lawn then yanbu.

Hope I made sense hmm

usualsuspect333 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:02:35

Yabu, people have stuff to do.

That's life

GemmaTeller Tue 18-Aug-15 08:07:01

Isn't the grass too damp to mow at 7am, morning dew an' all?

totally misses the point of the thread

Its 8am here and I'm wondering whats the earliest I can go out with my chainsaw and finish the hedging off - I'm thinking 9.30 - 10am

Binkybix Tue 18-Aug-15 08:10:49

Yes, too early.

esiotrot2015 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:14:24

I think it's too early

madein1995 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:16:15

YANBU - 9am would be acceptable, not before. If you let your kids outside to play loudly at 7am I bet he'd be the first to complain, it works both ways. A lot of people work, they don't all do noisy household chores at 7am. Totally unreasonable on neighbour IMO

madein1995 Tue 18-Aug-15 08:16:55

*of not on

southeastastra Tue 18-Aug-15 08:17:15

it's too early, people work all hours. my dp works nights and is always disturbed by neighbours noise. 7 am would push him over the edge!

SnapesCapes Tue 18-Aug-15 08:22:31

NDN was using his leaf-blower thing to remove dust from his front lawn yesterday at 7am. Who hoovers their drive anyway, let alone at the asscrack of dawn?

HoneywithLemon Tue 18-Aug-15 08:30:04

YANBU.

I would say 8 am earliest on a weekday for noise from neighbours related to chores/works. It's the summer hols, you want the DC to have a lie-in, otherwise the days are bloody long. Not that your neighbour will care about that, but it's still rude of them to decide it's time for everyone to wake up IMHO., and mowing the lawn, FFS it's hardly an urgent job.

chrome100 Tue 18-Aug-15 10:03:43

7am in the week is not too early I don't think. Most people are up for work then.

Highabove Tue 18-Aug-15 10:06:27

YANBU, our builders started at 8 and on the weekend acceptable did feel guilty when they came on Saturdays.

middlings Tue 18-Aug-15 10:09:01

YANBU.

The DDs aren't allowed into the garden until 8am at the very earliest (eldery NDNs) no matter what the day of the week.

Rab19 Tue 18-Aug-15 12:34:50

Thank you - he's retired & my kids don't go outside in the garden before 9.30am and are in by 6.30 so they don't annoy the neighbours.

I just felt it was a little TOO early to be out there, weekday or not - it's not like he doesn't have the rest of the day - they're both retired & don't go out much - they're lovely really, it just pissed me off & woke me up!

I slammed my windows closed, so he 'may' have realised I wasn't best pleased lol!

Rab x x

LavenderLeigh Tue 18-Aug-15 12:51:52

What's stopping your DC still having a lie in with a bit of lawnmower noise in the background? If they were still asleep and woken up, then an earlier night tonight will sort them out. Missing out on a hours sleep during the holidays isn't a big deal.

The local primary school here regularly has large delivery lorries going up a narrow residential street from before 7am, complete with reversing noises. We all manage to survive.

AuntyMag10 Tue 18-Aug-15 12:53:51

It's a weekday and people are up and about around this time. Do you really think life should revolve around school holidays. They probably have to get to work and it's the only time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now