Talk

Advanced search

To ask about sunburn?

(5 Posts)
WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Tue 18-Aug-15 00:35:38

Took dcs to the beach last week.
They were covered by uv suits/clothes...
I put sun cream on exposed little hands/feet/face.
In the time it took to do this, I got cooked!
I know I burn, so I take care...
But I sorted dd first, thinking I would be fine for a few minutes.
Anyway, after several nights of interrupted sleep from the pain, the peeling has started.
Not too bad, only sore if it gets bumped.
Apart from a scabby bit. At the top of my chest. I think it may have blistered? But that bit is really sore.
I am tempted to put up with it for a few more days. Just take a neurofen at bedtime if its bad.
Or should I be trying to get in to see dr?

cariadlet Tue 18-Aug-15 00:45:25

tbh I don't know what a dr could do. I'd just put good old fashioned calamine lotion on to ease the stinging. DH likes after-sun stuff if he gets burned.

I don't like the heat and usually avoid the sun, but was stupid years and years ago and got so sunburned that my face blistered. I felt a right idiot and was sore for a few days, but it passed.

Sapat Tue 18-Aug-15 00:49:58

The best cream for sunburn is Biafine cream. You can buy it on Amazon. I am on hols in France, took the kids to the open air swimming pool and of course I got burnt (kids fine) and I just plastered the stuff on and if was miraculous.

Welshmaenad Tue 18-Aug-15 00:50:06

Yes to nurofen. You also need aloe Vera - raw from the lead ideally, if not then oure hand filleted stuff, not that lurid green banana boat shit.

Peppasmate Tue 18-Aug-15 00:51:55

E45 is my saviour if I get sun burnt. I'm a red head so very fair. Take some nut of en too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now