Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

People who don't get hassle!

(10 Posts)
Faye12345 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:23:35

This may be in the wrong place but do you find some people just don't tend to get hassle? What i mean is do you know someone in your family or at work who just has that air of 'don't mess with me' even though theyre nice people? I have major issues with people's boundaries with me ie they think they can say anything and i find it rude. I notice it in work in a female orientated environment that people just say what the hell they like! How do i become a 'don't mess with me' person??

laffymeal Mon 17-Aug-15 16:26:30

Not sure how I got it but I have that reputation, I used to have a very short fuse but am pretty laid back now, the "don't mess" thing seems to have stuck though.

ILiveOnABuildsite Mon 17-Aug-15 16:34:34

Nobody messes with my dh, ever! No one sits on the bus beside him even if it's full, no stranger ever talks to him and tries to sell him/get him to donate to anything. People who no him a little (as in in passing or from the school gate) have never tried to make small talk. Incidentally he is very safe to walk around town really late at night because he is quite tall and broad shoulders so looks like he could defend himself.

The reality is, he just a bit shy so wouldn't initiate small talk or make eye contact too much with strangers. If anyone tried anything physically with him they would probably pommel him, he has never thrown a punch in his life unless you count jabbing some kid in the eye when swimming age 7! Dh is just a quiet and contended sort who doesn't attract much attention, but because he is quiet the attention he receives from strangers seems to give off a don't mess with me vibe.

Faye12345 Mon 17-Aug-15 16:37:04

See im chatty and outgoing and i think sometimes that is my downfall. I think people must think i'll tell them all my business or im open for any questions when im really not! The joys of being a people pleaser really are never ending!

ILiveOnABuildsite Mon 17-Aug-15 16:54:11

I think you are probably right, your description of yourself is so so so far from a description of my dh it's laughable, but it has the added bonus (for him) that no one ever assumes he wants to chat.

BleachEverything Mon 17-Aug-15 16:55:17

I am one of those people.

I will say assertiveness is what does it.

laffymeal Mon 17-Aug-15 17:55:10

...also I have mardy, pissed off bitch resting face which contributes to the "don't mess" factor grin

LaurieFairyCake Mon 17-Aug-15 18:01:49

I used to get hassled a fair bit as I'm smiley and young looking

I am now older and give off different vibes, also have resting bitch face

Faye12345 Mon 17-Aug-15 19:40:26

lol your lucky. I've normally been the youngest at work too which may have an effect?

Cherryblossomsinspring Mon 17-Aug-15 20:24:58

Nobody ever messes with me but I always think it's because I try hard at things and am very decisive so people always seem to be afraid to question or criticize me. I also cannot be insulted or offended, so you couldn't get under my skin even if you tried. I never wander around thinking 'I should have said that' or made that smart arse retort. I genuinely don't care. At the same time I am happy and love people. I would happily help a friend or even stranger. I'm no angel but something stops people from ever giving me hassle either professionally or privately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now