Talk

Advanced search

To ask for help with chicken pox, reducing scaring

(5 Posts)
MisterPip Sun 16-Aug-15 21:28:32

Dd, 2.5, has just had severe chicken pox. Her face and back in particular are covered, less than a cm apart and actually merged across neck and shoulders. Obviously I want to minimise scarring for her, does anyone have advice. Unfortunately she also has had cellulitis/ early sepsis from it, she's been in hospital. Her skin was so open after febrile seizures with the rash being rubbed it just took hold quickly. It's been a week from hell really.

NewLife4Me Sun 16-Aug-15 21:33:15

Ah, the poor love.
Apart from keeping them covered and clean I have no advise.
My dsis had it like this but it was the 1960's so obviously advice may be different now.
She had to wear gloves to stop the spread of infection,not sure if this will help but didn't want to read and run.
So sorry for your little one thanks

Imperial Sun 16-Aug-15 21:34:10

Bio oil - religiously twice a day for at least 12 months was what really helped us after a similar hospitalised bout.

Griphook Sun 16-Aug-15 21:56:49

I would say bio oil but not till they are completey healed. Ds had bad spots and some very very deep ones, he's 5 now and thy have got so much smoother over time.
Hope dd's ok

Haggisfish Sun 16-Aug-15 21:58:02

Found vira soothe spray on stuff amazing-totally took the itch out of spots.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now