Talk

Advanced search

To use Aqua for bootees for a little boy?

(12 Posts)
Flossyfloof Sun 16-Aug-15 16:06:01

I have a neighbour a lift this week, he was very excited as he is seeing his new grandchild soon. I thought it uphold be nice to make a littl pair of bootees and have no proper pale blue wool but I do have a pretty Aqua colour. Please tell me that is an ok colour for a littl boy baby!

MamaLazarou Sun 16-Aug-15 16:08:35

Yes. Why on Gods green Earth wouldn't it be?

AuntyMag10 Sun 16-Aug-15 16:09:03

confused Seriously??

Sirzy Sun 16-Aug-15 16:09:33

Why wouldn't you?

Flossyfloof Sun 16-Aug-15 16:10:52

I don't know much about babies and certainly not boys. Clearly for once in my life ianbu! Thanks. Actually I have found some lilac and might use that instead or as well as if I have time.

EdithWeston Sun 16-Aug-15 16:12:12

It shows how much more gendered society has become in recent years that anyone would feel the need to ask.

The marketing of colours to genders (in an attempt to double sales) has had a far-reaching impact. Pity.

addictedtosugar Sun 16-Aug-15 16:19:38

Check in living room. Yep, the cholthes the 6 and 4 YR old boys chose are a dark aqua today. DS1 has batman on the front, DS2 aqua and grey stripes.

I'd say aqua is more boyish than lilac tho.

MamaLazarou Sun 16-Aug-15 16:44:19

My son is wearing orange trousers today and I'm happy to report that his willy hasn't fallen off yet.

Welshmaenad Sun 16-Aug-15 19:08:49

YABU.

If a baby boy isn't dressed entirely in pure blue at all times he will Catch The Gays. I thought everyone knew this.

TeamBacon Sun 16-Aug-15 19:10:06

Welsh grin

morelikeguidelines Sun 16-Aug-15 21:56:39

grin to Welsh

My ds (18 months) has been spending whole holiday running round jn pink swim.nappy and rash vest.

I think it's lovely of you to make the booties. Not u of you to ask, as I'm sure you want the present to be welcome.

However I do think the marketing of specific colours to each sex is a problem as people are spending money they don't have.

contractor6 Mon 17-Aug-15 15:26:23

My mum has knitted aqua booties for our (unborn) little one. Its a gender neutral colour and sure the mum will appreciate it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now