Talk

Advanced search

To want DP to cut me some slack?

(33 Posts)
Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 16:56:14

I don't know why I do this, and I try my best not to as it's not intentional, but recently I've been missing bits of infomation out of my thought process, which leads to much frustratio and questions.

For example, I was watching a 'bad tattoo' program and the lady said 'she got it done at an untrained friend's house when she was 17'. My immediate reaction to DO was 'can you get tattoos at 17?' Which lead to an angry DP explaining that it already said it was done at a friends.

Or, yesterday I wondered why DP turned the boiler plug off. When, moments before we'd already established there was no hot water. This lead to further frustration from DP.

I don't know what to do hmm perhaps I have recently started doing this because it's never happened all that much before. My wok mates an other friends have never mentioned info already explaining something, but perhaps that's because they're much too polite.

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 16:57:14

*work mates and other friends.

DoreenLethal Sat 15-Aug-15 16:59:49

Why is he getting angry at you?

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:01:07

Doreen, he is getting angry because he keeps having to repeat himself and also has to repeat info already explained from another source.

woowoo22 Sat 15-Aug-15 17:02:49

He sounds twuntish. Does he never do this himself?

googoodolly Sat 15-Aug-15 17:03:09

How recent is this? Sounds like you might need to go and talk to the GP if it's never happened before.

BackInTheRealWorld Sat 15-Aug-15 17:04:19

Has he always treated you like this or is his irritation with you a recent thing?

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:04:32

I cannot really remember him ever doing this really, obviously he has but not enough for me to have any memory of it.

I think the issue is me doing it a lot each day, which is understandably getting on his nerves.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Sat 15-Aug-15 17:04:59

Have you recently had a any by any chance?....

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Sat 15-Aug-15 17:05:14

Baby even.

CoteDAzur Sat 15-Aug-15 17:06:14

Have you recently had a baby? If so, "nappy brain" is real and I wouldn't worry about it.

If not, what you are experiencing is not normal and I would worry about early onset Alzheimer's or another neurological problem. Sorry.

In either case, your DP needs a stern taking to. As the person who supposedly most loves and supports you in the world, he should not be having a go at you for something you are clearly not doing on purpose.

FenellaFellorick Sat 15-Aug-15 17:06:48

Are you stressed? Or feeling low? Or have something on your mind?

If there's nothing you can think of that might be causing you to either zone out, or be distracted or be unable to process all the information you are getting, then see a gp, just for reassurance.

You need to ask your partner to please try to not get frustrated because you aren't doing it on purpose and it's not helpful.

I have fibro and it can be really difficult sometimes for me to focus and for me to take in what I am being told.

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:07:15

Tread, what is an any?

If it helps I hit my head on an old car door last Tuesday, bloody hurt as it was a hard blowgringringringrin but pain went quickly although I do still get some throbbing in the area (but that's normal).

PoppyBlossom Sat 15-Aug-15 17:08:38

I can imagine he feels frustrated if he gets the sense you aren't listening. Are you paying attention when he speaks and just struggling with processing the information?

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:08:57

Hi, not not recently had a baby no.

Nothing is on my mind at all, just everyday boring life (with some little sparky bits lol).

AuntyMag10 Sat 15-Aug-15 17:10:14

How is he otherwise with you? Does he get irritated when you aren't asking questions?

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:10:22

Poppy, yes I'm really listening, hence me being really intrigued with my questions (that have already been answered before), because there always seems to be a missing puzzle piece recently.

PoppyBlossom Sat 15-Aug-15 17:10:28

You had a blow to the head a week ago and are struggling with your short term memory loss? Go to your GP.

googoodolly Sat 15-Aug-15 17:11:33

If you've smacked your head it sounds like it could be connected - definitely go to the GP.

Reachout Sat 15-Aug-15 17:12:42

AuntyMag, might be worth mentioning that he does have ADHD and has a quick temper usually, that's just how he is but I don't stand for any out of line nonsense. Of course, I do have to be patient though.

I haven't been to my GP because 1. Can't get there right now and 2. I feel completely fine, it's just snippets of off info that I'm missing.

FenellaFellorick Sat 15-Aug-15 17:13:17

go to the doctors.

If this is happening only since you hurt your head, it is important that you get checked out.

FenellaFellorick Sat 15-Aug-15 17:13:46

x post.

You're not fine if you are missing snippets of info. grin

CoteDAzur Sat 15-Aug-15 17:27:47

You hit your head and since then have been experiencing short term memory problems? If I knew you in RL I would drag you to A&E.

Forget the GP. You need an MRI. Please go straight to the hospital and make sure you are OK.

googoodolly Sat 15-Aug-15 17:28:09

OP, if you're missing bits of information, you need to see a doctor. That's not a good thing to have developed five days after a bang on the head.

Please see your GP as soon as you can.

CoteDAzur Sat 15-Aug-15 17:28:27

It is not normal for your head to be throbbing at the site of impact some days after the event.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now