Talk

Advanced search

To find out who this was and commit GBH...

(11 Posts)
Fluffyears Sat 15-Aug-15 15:06:32

Last night for some reason I had a really bad night and didn't fall asleep till after 4am. This is fine it's Saturday, no children. DP got up at 7 for work and I started to try to go back to sleep. Then I could hear really loud music which sounded like someone playing a car stereo too loud at 7.45 on a bloody Saturday. I think someone must have pulled into our street but I could make out lyrics etc it was that loud. I am on 4th floor behind double glazing and set back 50 feet from the road. It continued for a while then disappeared.

Who the hell needs music that loud in their car and should they not have a decent bone to think they may wake up entire bloody town angry. It meant I was wide awake after less than 4 hours sleep so would I be inreasonabld to find this person, hunt them down and scoop out their eardrums with a rusty spoon?

thefourgp Sat 15-Aug-15 15:09:31

Absolutely, yanbu. Noise before 8am any day of the week? Scoop away. Lol. X grin

howabout Sat 15-Aug-15 15:11:58

YANBU
Used to have a neighbour who did this regularly waking the baby from her mid morning nap, which had lasted all of 5 minutes by that point!

Fluffyears Sat 15-Aug-15 15:15:08

Oh no we had noisy neighbours so I'm hypersensitive to any noise now. I was so tempted to look out window but I wasn't wearing any pyjamas or a nightie blush. May have been perfect punishment for them though!

Fluffyears Sat 15-Aug-15 15:54:11

Really not functioning I'm so tired but have been unable to sleep since noisy fucker-gate!

CigarsofthePharoahs Sat 15-Aug-15 16:15:35

There was a teenager near us who thought 3am was a good time to practice football skills against a garage door.
Yanbu, why do some people think the whole world needs to hear their less good taste in music, especially early!

Euphemia Sat 15-Aug-15 16:21:14

We have neighbours who cannot talk in anything but REALLY LOUD VOICES any time they are in the street - middle of the night, early in the morning, middle of the day. Fucking rude eejits. angry

YANBU

OsloGin Sat 15-Aug-15 16:30:25

We have neighbours who play loud music as they leave at 5am and can't close their front door without slamming it.

lemoncordial Sat 15-Aug-15 17:40:02

Yanbu. This happens all the time where I live. I can't understand why people think it's not necessary to have loud music when driving.

originalusernamefail Sat 15-Aug-15 17:47:03

YANBU. I love sleep. I'm on nights this weekend and my neighbours are doing some work on their extension. I know IABU about noise at 10am but by the time I get to bed tomorrow I will have been without sleep since 8:30am Friday sob sad

Fluffyears Sat 15-Aug-15 18:38:13

We should round them all up and ship them out to a desert island to make as much noise together as the want!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now