Talk

Advanced search

Does this seem odd..

(7 Posts)
Pippa12 Sat 15-Aug-15 14:49:33

DH went out last night, no problem. Said he wouldn't be late.Text saying he was setting off in 5 mins, so I waited, didn't set off for over an hour then 45 minute journey home, bit miffed but hey ho it happens.

This is the really strange bit, when he got home he said he didn't spend anything, I was like hmm all night? No he said, went to few bars then a friends bar so no cost. Fair enough. This morning wakes up rough as a dogs you know what so my back is up as rare day off with DH and DD. He then says he has £4 in his wallet from the £20 he spent??? We are by no means rich but this would not break the bank. It's no problem to me. He said he couldn't be bothered talking when he got in but his no money story took longer than truthful answer. He's really defensive about why he said he didn't spend anything and said he did it for a quiet life! I just can't understand it? What is this all about? It's so odd? It's so minor but so strange. On the whole very happy marriage. Really odd thing.

DirtyMugPolice Sat 15-Aug-15 14:52:16

He was pissed - he wouldn't have been talking sense but it's odd him trying to justify odd conversation. I'd just say ah I was rat arsed - ignore me.

Pippa12 Sat 15-Aug-15 15:12:00

I just can't understand his defensiveness. It's so odd! Ah well suppose we will never understand how the male brain works!

PeppaWellington Sat 15-Aug-15 15:14:04

did he get a cab?

AuntyMag10 Sat 15-Aug-15 15:14:39

I can totally understand his reason. Explaining the details of spending 16pounds when you're drunk? So much easier saying nothing.

scarletforya Sat 15-Aug-15 15:18:54

Hmm, this would lead me to suspect he wasn't where he said he was at all. Like as if it's a cover up as to why he came home with money.

But then he only came home with €4?

Something suspicious here, it strikes me as lying to cover up an original lie.

SaucyJack Sat 15-Aug-15 15:23:08

It is odd. Where do you live that you can go on a pub crawl and come home with change from twenty quid?The 90s?!

However, one way or another it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. He assumed you'd be odd about the money spent, and hey presto- you're questioning the money spent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now