Talk

Advanced search

Using a mix of left over party bags and table cloths for this year's party?

(10 Posts)
m0therofdragons Sat 15-Aug-15 13:01:29

Dtds 4th birthday is coming up and I'm planning on standard party bags etc and was thinking what theme but then I remembered we have a box in the loft if left over plastic table cloths, paper plates and bags etc. There's a mix of my little pony, Minnie mouse and a couple of others. It just seems such a waste to buy new ones. We can afford new ones but I can't just chuck the old ones (still in packets - unused).
I guess my question is, what would you think of you went to a party that had a mix of themes clearly left over from previous parties? Aibu to use them?

CalmYourselfTubbs Sat 15-Aug-15 13:08:31

YANBU.
I would use them.
no-one will notice.

SaucyJack Sat 15-Aug-15 13:11:47

I'd be appalled personally.

I may even go sadfacing to the Daily Fail if the cups and party bags didn't match.

Ragwort Sat 15-Aug-15 13:13:53

Of course you should use them, why are you even asking?

I wouldn't remember (or care) from one year to the next what sort of paper plates etc were used at a child's party. hmm

m0therofdragons Sat 15-Aug-15 13:14:50

Thinking about it, I know my friends won't care and other dc are from nursery and we won't see them again anyway as they're going to different schools. I just know everyone seems to buy new sets every year. Dc will probably love the variety and crazy clashes.

JustWantToBeDorisAgain Sat 15-Aug-15 13:18:54

Have done this many times! No one cares especially not the kids!

Inkymess Sat 15-Aug-15 13:21:51

Use !

bgottalent Sat 15-Aug-15 13:25:49

I always did it. Nobody opens their party bags until they've gone home so they wouldnt know what others got anyway. The most successful 'party bag' I ever did was a lucky dip. I wrapped up odds and ends of left over gifts and put them in a box filled with torn up newspaper. As each child left i stood at the door andgot them to dip into the box for a small gift.

Mrsjayy Sat 15-Aug-15 13:26:45

Why wouldnt you use them will your kids friends parents talk about your lack of theme grin

Mrsjayy Sat 15-Aug-15 13:27:55

I did lucky dip 1year the kids loved it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now