to take or not take dd to a play centre birthday party with an awful sounding cough?

(7 Posts)
OhWhatAPalaver Sat 15-Aug-15 08:25:40

Dd (3) has the most awful cough but she has a birthday party today. She is totally fine otherwise. She has recently started a new nursery and I know none of the parents of the kids that go there and this was going to be the ideal time to meet people but I also don't want to be that person who brings an obviously ill child to a party to cough all over everyone... Wwyd?

AuditAngel Sat 15-Aug-15 08:28:02

The problem is kids (especially mine who are asthmatic) get coughs that last for ages. If you think it is just a cough, I'd go. If she seems to be coming down with something, I'd call the mum and explain.

chillybillybob Sat 15-Aug-15 08:49:42

If it's a bad cough I wouldn't go. I took my ds to a bouncy castle party when he had a bit of a cough. The jumping about made it worse I was so embarrassed as he coughed like crazy. Had to take him home early and he was very upset saying sorry mummy for coughing. Made me sad.

Only1scoop Sat 15-Aug-15 08:51:11

If it's a bad cough no way.

BrushtheHeat Sat 15-Aug-15 08:57:57

I always think soft play places are teeming with bugs... So if my dc were under the weather, more likely to catch something. And as pps have said jumping/running around might exacerbate the cough plus I wouldn't want other parents thinking I'd bought my poorly child and spread germs. So, in short no I wouldn't.

Minions Sat 15-Aug-15 09:00:49

What a shame, bad timing. Would it be an option to leave DD at home and pop along yourself with the present so you could still meet a few parents? Maybe give the organiser a heads up beforehand too so she knows numbers. Hope DD is better soon

OhWhatAPalaver Sat 15-Aug-15 10:10:17

Yeah.. exceptionally bad timing! Will have to see how she goes on, it doesn't start till 3 so she might improve...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now