Talk

Advanced search

To feel sorry for this dog?

(4 Posts)
avocadotoast Sat 15-Aug-15 08:01:44

There's a dog I often hear barking from my house (when I'm inside) at all hours. I was feeding DD at about 3am earlier and could hear it barking then. I imagine it must be outside for me to be able to hear it.

AIBU to feel sorry for it? Obviously I have no idea how it's treated but I just feel bad for it being outside so much. It's not just summer either, I've heard it through the winter as well.

Unfortunately I don't know which house it is - I know which row of houses it comes from but can't pinpoint it further than that. We're on the end of our street and then there are two main roads and this row of houses.

tvlover1234 Sat 15-Aug-15 08:02:33

I'd feel sorry too. I'm very much an animal lover. yanbu

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 15-Aug-15 08:03:41

It might have a dog flap and be outside by choice.

nothing you said is enough for any immediate concern tbh

Mumbehavingbadly Sat 15-Aug-15 08:27:22

My DDs rescue dog has anxiety issues vet saw them coming and barks/howls if left alone for a minute. That includes if she or her bf go to the toilet or for a shower with door shut, sleep in bedroom with door shut and basically anything that means dog is not in the company of humans for a minute.

Their lives revolve around the dog. They think the sun shines out of his hairy behind and they even work shifts to ensure he only has an hour or maybe two when he need ever be alone.

They have just about trained him to accept sleeping half under the bed in a basket and have been trying to move the basket an inch or so across the room with little success.

He howls and I mean howls! You can hear him in the neighbouring house (they're rural and detached with a good 100 metre plus gap) and sitting in car outside house with windows closed. He is now on expensive snake oil pills from the vet. He is so pampered and loved that no one seeing them together would ever accuse them of neglect but I suspect if you heard him howl you might think there was something dodgy going on.

Unless you have some more evidence or the dog looks unkempt and starved I'd say speak to the neigbours if the noise keeps you awake and see how it goes from there.

My DD would probably move the dog in the bed if the neighbours complained strange child loving pet owner, that she is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now