Talk

Advanced search

Would you complain or not?

(17 Posts)
ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Fri 14-Aug-15 23:50:16

House over the road, its a single floor, upstairs flat.

They're having a party.

I am in my house directly opposite, double glazed (as is their flat) in my living room, all windows and doors shut.. i can hear their music.

I can hear it over my DH playing the ps4 behind me and he's shooting shit on it.

Its disturbing my DS who has SN and doesn't sleep well.

I'm not a kill joy, but its getting silly now!

MikeEhrmentraut Fri 14-Aug-15 23:54:07

If I'm honest, you sound like a killjoy to me! Unless it's every single weekend or something.

QOD Fri 14-Aug-15 23:55:23

There's a fricking rock festival across the field from me
<twitch>

Samcro Fri 14-Aug-15 23:55:55

if nay noise keeps my dc up (disability) I feel the RAGE
so get you

cuntycowfacemonkey Fri 14-Aug-15 23:56:14

If it's not a regular occurrence then I think you may have to just suck it up for tonight. If they do it every weekend then I'd be tempted to have a quiet word if it goes on past midnight

shiteforbrains Fri 14-Aug-15 23:58:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Fri 14-Aug-15 23:59:22

it varies Mike, sometimes they can do it a few weeks on the trot, other times it can be a while.

Samcro Sat 15-Aug-15 00:00:04

complain then

GarminGirl Sat 15-Aug-15 00:03:19

So bet your DH is heard next door ... How is it your house can be noisy and nobody else can?

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Sat 15-Aug-15 00:12:33

erm no, he can't be heard next door.. i'm in the same room as he is.. i can hear their music over what he's doing! hmm

shiteforbrains Sat 15-Aug-15 00:23:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HoneyDragon Sat 15-Aug-15 00:31:47

If it's not an unusual occurrence and it's after midnight than asking them to turn the music down would be ok.

If there's booze involved they may have lost track of time.

HoneyDragon Sat 15-Aug-15 00:32:58

And that is pretty loud, that must be disturbing a few people

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Sat 15-Aug-15 00:35:38

Up in bed and its louder up here, just heard the neighbour get up and shut their window, that's like... Apocalypse!!

SideOrderofChips Sat 15-Aug-15 00:37:03

Its past 11pm. Yes i would report it.

kali110 Sat 15-Aug-15 00:37:31

If he's not next door but over the road yes i would complain!
That is loud! Did you even know in advance? I wouldn't care if it wasn't a usual occurance! That is loud.
Some people get up at 3 or 4 for work. I have chronic illnesses made worse by lack of sleep. This would piss me off with the added bonus of having terrified animals.
If it was 10 or 11 i would be ok but it's midnight, people should have respect for others.
I wonder what his poor neighbours think.

ASorcererIsAWizardSquared Sat 15-Aug-15 01:03:19

They have none, its a detached flat with a garage underneath!

We just all got treated to a full balls out rendition of oh bla-de oh bladah as their finale, then it went quiet and one lot fucked off... Think we might get some peace now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now