Talk

Advanced search

To consider getting in touch with this man

(21 Posts)
Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 21:45:15

Just over a year ago I met someone through work, they were a contractor and was doing some work at our place, we both clearly fancied each other and had a connection but he was going through a break up (kids involved) and I suddenly found myself pregnant, so nothing at all happened and he left working at my place and that was that.

Found out two weeks ago he is now back working there, I haven't gone back yet (not sure if I will as enjoying being home with baby) and he has been asking my good friend about me slot, asking if I'm still single etc, asking about baby dad etc, asking if I'm going to some nights out etc that people at work are planning.

Friend got the impression that he is now single and has suggested I pop into work (this would not be unusal as I do go in every few weeks)and she will let him know when I'm coming, or to contact him through Facebook.

AIBU to consider contacting him/trying to meet up with him, if he was interested wouldn't he have just made it clear to friend and asked for my number?

Thefacttheyact1234 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:46:21

Are you single?

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 21:47:53

Yes

Suefla62 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:50:34

So you fancied each other and by some miracle had some kind of divine conception, because of course you weren't sleeping with someone else?

VivaLaPersistence Fri 14-Aug-15 21:53:12

Oh fgs Sue it is perfectly possible for a single person to fancy someone and sleep with another person. They fancied eachother they weren't engaged

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 21:58:23

We just both clearly fancied each other, got on well, chatted a lot but NOTHING happened, didn't meet outside of work, didn't exchange number or anything, we were both going through trouble in our relationships and he left were I was working just days before I found out I was pregnant, I then found myself single and decided to go it alone with the pregnancy.

So sorry to disappoint sue

DogWalker75 Fri 14-Aug-15 21:58:59

You're single, so not at all unreasonable for you to go into work and see what happens. I'd be careful tho wrt starting a relationship with somebody who you may end up working with.

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 22:00:49

Working with wouldn't be a issue, like I say he is a contractor so will only be there a short while longer then once all building work is complete he will be gone and I'm not even sure about returning yet as can't bring myself to leave baby

RainbowRoses Fri 14-Aug-15 22:01:44

Go for it smile

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 22:04:50

Should I go into work and let friend mention in passing when I'm dropping in it should I message him on Facebook

MammaTJ Fri 14-Aug-15 22:07:21

Let friend mention in passing, see how visit goes, then contact on FB!

Lj8893 Fri 14-Aug-15 22:16:10

Go for it!

Ignore Sue!

BotoxBitch Fri 14-Aug-15 22:24:56

I got the feeling lots with my DH in our early days, probably first 5 years. Then I got pregnant smile since then I have never been happier. Think it was more to do with my personality than him, "grass is greener" etc once I knew I was stuck with him I adore him

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 22:36:30

Botox I get the same felling about this one, just something so likable about him, so positive and upbeat all the time and not once did he ever do anything out of order to his ex, they were going through troubles and he didn't try to take me out or anything, it's now a year later and he is now only possibly trying to make contact

FortyCoats Fri 14-Aug-15 22:48:02

I love threads like this!

Go for it smile

I really want you to message him on FB right now because I'm a nosey beggar and a sucker for a romantic story BUT don't. Go with your friends plan, see how it goes and then FB.

Good luck!

<<giggled at your typo "...asking my good friend about me slot>> grin

WhirlyTwos Fri 14-Aug-15 23:01:37

<<giggled at your typo "...asking my good friend about me slot>> grin

Norty Forty! grin

Familyties Fri 14-Aug-15 23:57:35

Me slot, haha brilliant grin

FortyCoats Sat 15-Aug-15 00:15:52

You have to come back and update!

smile

PastaPot Sat 15-Aug-15 00:17:31

Cracking up about him asking about your slot! How forward of him!

Familyties Sat 15-Aug-15 00:42:48

forty I will come back and update next week, should be popping in mon/tues

Shall I title my update " he asked about ME SLOT" so you know what to look out for grin

FortyCoats Sat 15-Aug-15 00:45:49

Definitely! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now