AIBU to not get any work done today?

(5 Posts)
vvviola Fri 14-Aug-15 11:17:36

There is construction work going on literally outside my window - they are repairing part of the building I work in.

The noise is unreal. Hammering, sawing, drilling. And in the brief breaks between all that, the workmen are yelling up and down the scaffolding to each other.

I have spent the past 2 hours staring at a report and getting nothing written.

I can't take time off because my boss is off clever lady and I need to save my leave for school holidays/illnesses etc.

WIBU to spend the day just staring blankly at my desk....?

Nabootique Fri 14-Aug-15 11:59:10

Not at all. I did a little bit this morning, things that HAD to be done, but now I have that definite Friday feeling.

TheMaddestHatter Fri 14-Aug-15 11:59:55

I need absolute silence to work in - so i feel your pain!

How essential is it that this report is finished today? Could you go to a library for a few hours and work there?

Failing that - earplugs, coffee and just power through (or powerwork when the builders go off on their lunch break within the next hour, or when they finish up for the day later)

vvviola Fri 14-Aug-15 14:23:30

It's on of those "doesn't need to be done today, but if I leave it any later it won't get done because of all the other stuff" sort of reports.

They don't appear to have taken a lunch break. Or they are working shifts.

No working out of the office allowed, so I'm stuck here til it's time to go home.

I now have a very tidy desk and all my filing is done.

I may have to resort to sorting the paper clips, as I think that's about the strength of my brain power with all the noise...

vvviola Fri 14-Aug-15 15:22:58

Oh, thank God. They are gone.

Blissful silence reigns in my office.

Can't quite manage to get my focus back though...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now