Talk

Advanced search

to question nursery?

(14 Posts)
cjt110 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:26:08

DH collected DS from nursery yesterday and when he arrived at 430, the worker was completing an accident form and mentioned that DS has crawled out of the coracle pod he was sleeping in and slipped and banged his lip. DH mentioned this to me when I got home and I said I couldnt see any cut etc.

When I went in his bag there was an accident form detauiling what had happened and said it had happened at 2pm, a cold compress applied, cuddles given and parents contacted.

Neither of us received a phone call about this incident. I'm not overly bothered about the lip as I cant see any cut etc but I'm a little unsure why it says they contacted us when they didnt. They told SH when he arrived so surely would say "informed". My other reason for being a little uncertain, there is another LB in DS' nursery class with the same name but a different spelling where their daily dairies/clothes have been mixed up before.

Would you give the nursery a call today just to clarify?

ChristmasZombie Fri 14-Aug-15 10:29:40

Yes, I would query it. I'm sure it's not a big deal, but I think it's worth asking. Could be that they have incorrect contact details for you. Unlikely, but you never know.

TheMshipIsBack Fri 14-Aug-15 10:31:00

If there wasn't any cut, it was probably the other kid and they called his parents. Just a mix-up, it happens sometimes. I wouldn't bother phoning, just let them know next time you're in.

chillybillybob Fri 14-Aug-15 10:31:14

Yes defiantly give them a quick call

mojo17 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:35:34

Hmm I would also make sure that you are concerned that mixing up two separate little people is worrying.
Staff shouldn't routinely mix up up their charges this often should they, they should know them well enough. It to surely

Nolim Fri 14-Aug-15 10:38:36

I dont see a reason not to call

cjt110 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:41:56

Thankyou, I didnt want to seem like one of those parents. As far as I;m aware, whenever he's banged his head/face before or he's been out of sorts/had a temp they've always called us. It might just be that they didnt call because it was so minor and put contacted rather than informed. Will call now.

TenForward82 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:46:33

Yes, call. It's like when I see my maternity notes and the midwife has written down "told patient about X option" and I'm "Um, no you didn't". hmm

cjt110 Fri 14-Aug-15 10:48:55

Have called and spoke to the deputy manager and explained it really is a non issue but I'd like some clarification, she said she will speak with the worker just to clarify and get back to me.

cjt110 Fri 14-Aug-15 11:11:27

Deputy manager called back and it was one of the scenarios I thought - that she had meant to put would let us know i.e. inform on collection (because it was so minor) but put contacted by accident. I said I was totally happy and had just wanted to clarify she hadnt tried calling us and not been able to get through.

mmollytoots Fri 14-Aug-15 13:39:47

if he arrived when they were completing the form perhaps they were going to call after but completed the form first

cjt110 Fri 14-Aug-15 13:55:47

maybe mmolly but the "accident" happened at 2pm. Why would they report it 2.5hours later when DH always pics DC up at 430.

Anywho, it's resolved now

comedycentral Fri 14-Aug-15 14:51:21

She probably wrote contacted accidentally as Dad arrived. She probably meant to put parents informed.
I wouldn't call to be honest

comedycentral Fri 14-Aug-15 14:51:40

Missed your update

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now