Talk

Advanced search

Or should I be able to abuse my own cat if I want?

(117 Posts)
Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:02:49

Standing g outside having a crafty fag. DCat weaving around my legs bellowing at me (note: he is a hand reared orphaned feral kitten and is genuinely adored, but we have the kind of casual relationship where we can be rude to each other).

Unaware of anyone else in the vicinity I reply to the whining with "shut up dickface".

Random woman appears from behind parked can and tells me I don't deserve pets if I'm going to be so cruel and maybe she should phone the RSPCA and report me. Then walks off, leaving me shock

Said cat is now in bed with me (under duvet and everything) and doesn't appear to be holding a grudge.

WIBU to call my cat a dickface when he was in fact being one?

Roobix04 Fri 14-Aug-15 00:04:52

I'm pretty sure I've called my cats much worse. What a loon! Does she think the cat actually understands?

Leviticus Fri 14-Aug-15 00:05:01

YANBU. He had it coming.

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:06:27

Roobix I think he DOES understanf, he shot me a look of disdain, I just don't think he was offended.

He calls me much worse when I'm late dishing up supper. The language on that cat!

SiobhanSharpe Fri 14-Aug-15 00:07:23

YANBU. The woman is bonkers. Unless her cat, if she owns one, understands the word dickface.

GiddyOnZackHunt Fri 14-Aug-15 00:08:28

Ooh you committed an act of minor insurrection against your cat ruler!
I'm Spartacus.

WorraLiberty Fri 14-Aug-15 00:08:53

OMG I sooo would have given that woman my details and my actual phone, and told her to report me for calling my cat a dick face!!! grin

Casual amusement at its best grin

P.S,

if your cat is cute then you're totally in the wrong and I think you should do life in prison.

PiperChapstick Fri 14-Aug-15 00:09:00

YANBU. Sounds like a leg weaving wanker.

I love the description of your neighbour - does she just wait behind parked cars until someone verbally abuses their pet?

Roobix04 Fri 14-Aug-15 00:09:35

In fact yesterday my cat gobbled down her food and then ran around the house full speed. I called her a stupid cunt right to her face while I cleared cat sick up.
You're right they probably do understand. I'm pretty sure she said move over bitch when she got into bed with me

BBQsAreSooooOverrated Fri 14-Aug-15 00:09:35

Unless you were kicking the cat Too ywnbu

MimsyBorogroves Fri 14-Aug-15 00:09:52

I kind of want to volunteer for the RSPCA just so that I can listen in on that telephone call.

HirplesWithHaggis Fri 14-Aug-15 00:10:34

I regularly address my cat with the words, "Bastarding fucking trip hazard" but he doesn't seem to take offence, still drapes himself backwards over my knee and guides my hand to whichever part of his chin/chest/belly most requires a scratch. He was a feral kitten too, maybe they're less bothered?

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:11:43

Not even a neighbour! She was just walking past.

He's very cute. Entitled, obvs. But cute.

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:13:57

I would never kick him. At least not in open sandals. He might bite my toes.

tabulahrasa Fri 14-Aug-15 00:14:53

Haha... I say all sorts of horrible things to my dog (he's a git ) my theory is that being a dog and not speaking English as long as it's in a pleasant tone of voice he's none the wiser and I get to vent about whatever it is he was being a git about.

travertine Fri 14-Aug-15 00:15:23

I tell my terrier if she doesn't shut the fuck up she is going in the wheelie bin. Oh says if you spin her when you kick her you'll get more distance. I loves my little baby. Report her for stalking or intent to steal cars.

WalfordEast Fri 14-Aug-15 00:15:37

My cate get profanities shouted at them at least 5 times a day. And then five minutes later im playing fighting with them/giving them cuddles.

Its a love hate relationship. All the best ones.

SistersofPercy Fri 14-Aug-15 00:16:21

Haha she's bonkers.
My dog is a shit face too, and a gut bag. I think I'd have told her that as the cat doesn't speak English he didn't understand anyway.

goodasitgets Fri 14-Aug-15 00:17:06

I have been known to shout "Oi fucker" at my horse when she decides my feet make a comfy hoof resting place
She doesn't seem offended

PeppaWellington Fri 14-Aug-15 00:18:04

i would have told the daft cow i was talking to my baby, who was out of her sight in the dustbin, not the cat

because sometimes you just want to see that wasp-chewing face disappear into its own eyebrows

I like the sound of a cat who appreciates profanity. Please tell me you are renaming the cat Dickface, and if not, because it's already called Fucking Bastard. RSPCA would have been most amused at a report of cruelty to the effect 'Woman has called her cat a dickface - category 4897-33biii verbal assault - recommended action: tell story at Christmas party and try not to get caught calling own pet a bellend'

ShadowsCollideCantLogInToMN Fri 14-Aug-15 00:20:02

YANBU. I may have shouted 'get off my arse you little fucker' at my little kitten earlier. She likes to launch herself at my arse, dig her claws in, and hang off it. If my neighbours got in a tizz every time I called one of the cats a little fucker, or indeed, a dickface, they'd be in a permanent state of tizziness.

I adore the kitties, but fuck, they can be wee divils!

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:20:16

Poor abused creature. I should be ashamed.

EleanorAbernathy Fri 14-Aug-15 00:20:46

YANBU. I have called my arsehole of a cat much worse, although he's deaf and can't hear me. grin

Welshmaenad Fri 14-Aug-15 00:22:21

Considering renaming him at the vets as 'Fuckfeatures'.

"Er...Fuckfeatures Smith, next?"

FortyCoats Fri 14-Aug-15 00:22:41

I'd have called her a dickface and told her to report me for dog abuse as well but I'm a bollocks immature smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now