Talk

Advanced search

in my choice of clothes for weekend away?

(26 Posts)
bananaandcustard Thu 13-Aug-15 23:26:18

we are going to Cornwall for the weekend, so thought I would pop in to Primart and buy something, possibly reduced to wear.

After aimlessly walking around brought a nice purple raincoat and 5 pairs of knickers, one with Jurassic world on them.

I think I have been very sensible. But it is August, what do you think?

EatShitDerek Thu 13-Aug-15 23:27:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ouryve Thu 13-Aug-15 23:28:20

Is the raincoat one of them see through ones? Cos you might need to wear more than Dinosaur knickers under it, if it is.

bananaandcustard Thu 13-Aug-15 23:34:06

its not see through, I am however a rather tall person, so coat is a little short on me.

knickers are of the 'shorts' design, so very comfy.

Dowser Thu 13-Aug-15 23:34:32

I bought a down jacket today and put it st?raight on. I'm in Dorset.

gobbynorthernbird Thu 13-Aug-15 23:35:17

You forgot the trainer socks. Have you no sense of occasion?

bananaandcustard Thu 13-Aug-15 23:40:48

I suppose on reflection the phrase 'all fur coat and no knickers' is more upmarket than my primart raincoat and dinosaur pants.

should I strive for greater sophistication and wear a bra and trainer socks?

gobbynorthernbird Thu 13-Aug-15 23:43:26

No bra. Holidays are a chance to relax.

gobbynorthernbird Thu 13-Aug-15 23:44:17

Unless your boobs will hang underneath the hem of the raincoat.

bananaandcustard Thu 13-Aug-15 23:49:29

well, Gobbynorthernbird, if i went a whole weekend without a bra my nipples would be poking out cats eyes as I walked down the street.
Gravity and the large breast can be very cruel, not to say painful.

I wake each morning desperate to put my bra on to control them, and end the day equally desperate to remove the bra and sag into bed. They then spend the whole bedtime lolling around and attempt to smother hubby while we sleep.

Zillie77 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:55:48

I think it sounds like a charming ensemble. Be sure to leave the price tags on so that people can see what a good bargain shopper you are.

Zillie77 Thu 13-Aug-15 23:58:58

By the time I had my fourth child, my breasts were distensible enough that I could breastfeed a child in the next room while standing in the kitchen doing dishes.

Nowadays I roll them up into a very powerful bra, operated by an electric pulley and gear system.

bananaandcustard Fri 14-Aug-15 00:02:08

Zille77 I firmly believe that when we are very old ladies we shall not catch cold and go the way of a chest infection. Our breasts well used and floppy will be sensibly used as scarves during the nasty winter months.

Zillie77 Fri 14-Aug-15 00:05:27

I use mine as a hairband on days when I don't have time for a morning shower.

MyNightWithMaud Fri 14-Aug-15 00:07:25

Do you have a nice pair of sandals, so that you can master (mistress?) that English summer raincoat and sandals, covering all the options look?

Zillie77 Fri 14-Aug-15 00:08:14

We could each use one as a scarf, and let a small-breasted friend use the other, on wintry walks.

bananaandcustard Fri 14-Aug-15 00:10:31

sandals! I knew I forgot something!

AnyoneforTurps Fri 14-Aug-15 00:12:33

Silly OP - a mac and dino pants are what you buy for a weekend in Dorset, where it never stops sodding raining on the Jurassic coast. For Cornwall, you should have got something with a crimped hem in tribute to the noble pasty, and pants depicting an open air theatre. Try harder next time.

SolidGoldBrass Fri 14-Aug-15 00:16:52

I spent this afternoon packing for our trip to Bournemouth and regretfully put my wonderful new TMWWNBBFN Difference Engine t-shirt back in the drawer as it has a naughty word on it, which DS would otherwise loudly read out and object to at the breakfast table...

SistersofPercy Fri 14-Aug-15 00:19:56

Dammit my primark didn't have the jurassic knickers in my size!! I consoled myself with the pajamas instead.
I very nearly bought an olaf raincoat reduced to£3 in mine until best friend gave me 'that' look.

Enjoy your holiday. I am however still upset so I hope you shart your knickers grin

MyLegIsHaunted Fri 14-Aug-15 08:55:58

I'm quite jealous of your Jurassic World knickers sad

trollkonor Fri 14-Aug-15 09:26:34

Are the pants comfortable? I want dino pants.

MyNightWithMaud Fri 14-Aug-15 09:31:19

It looks as if Jurassic knickers will become a Thing, like the MN scarf. MNers will be able to recognise each other and bond in gym changing rooms (do any shops have communal changing rooms these days?) the length and breadth of the country.

bananaandcustard Fri 14-Aug-15 10:19:53

the pants are very comfy thank you and well worth the £2.50
I also brought a pair with what looks like a FAB lolly on. I love those ice lollies so had to buy one of those.

didnt buy the frozen themed thong though, as I dont much care for Olaf.

I am not, like Zillie planning to share the warmth of my boobs in old age, am going to sling one around me like a scarf and tuck my hands under my other udder to keep my fingers toasty in cold weather.

trollkonor Fri 14-Aug-15 10:24:37

I'm going to tie a pair to my car ariel like a Mumsnet flag.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now