Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Sick with worry re maggi noodles

(11 Posts)
bobsbusy Thu 13-Aug-15 19:29:20

I've just seen maggi super noodles have been found to contain lead, and been withdrawn in India. My dc have eaten some today and yesterday. I'm sick with worry, can anyone advise how to find out anything conclusive. Please.

bobsbusy Thu 13-Aug-15 19:30:55

Sorry aibu to worry ?

Redglitter Thu 13-Aug-15 19:31:36

If you Google it says this was back in June and the UK ones are fine.

If in doubt Google smile

missingmumxox Thu 13-Aug-15 19:33:51

I would be sick just because I had eaten maggi noodles, yabu just eating them.

Are you in India? Otherwise I don't think they will have been made in the same place, but I will stand corrected.

SurlyCue Thu 13-Aug-15 19:33:59

Yes YABU to worry. Worrying will not answer your questions. It will not reduce the risk. It will not make you feel better about the situation. Worrying is entirely pointless and distracts you from actuay doing anything useful. Which is contact the customer helpline and ask maggi directly.

Zeitgeistic Thu 13-Aug-15 19:37:37

Maggi noodles sold in the UK were given the all clear back in July OP. Article from The Grocer

There is absolutely no need to worry about your DCs.

GiddyOnZackHunt Thu 13-Aug-15 19:43:39

The problem is that the ones in India contain some lead and some people there eat an awful lot of them - I think it's a bit of a cheap and easy food sold all over the place.

UrethraFranklin1 Thu 13-Aug-15 21:37:02

Are you in India? If not, you're being ridiculous.

Icimoi Thu 13-Aug-15 21:44:22

Seriously, think about it, if they were dangerous Maggi would have stopped making them months ago.

Pumpkinette Thu 13-Aug-15 21:56:27

It was the 2 minute instant ones (like a pot noodle without the pot) not the super noodle ones that require to be cooked in a pot. They have said only the ones sold in India were found to contain lead and the UK tests came back ok so your DC will be fine.

The 2 minute ones are rank anyway, mine went in the bin after 1 mouthful

ReginaFelangi Thu 13-Aug-15 22:36:32

They're made by Nestle so the harm that may have come to you is small scale compared to what it will do to others!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now