Talk

Advanced search

PFB or what? eBay related.

(33 Posts)
jbee1979 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:31:14

I bought a Moby wrap sling on ebay, "rarely used, excellent condition, from smoke and pet free home".

Arrived this morning, threw it straight in the washing machine. when I was hanging it on the line I noticed that its faded and there is a small hole. NOT excellent condition but not a deal breaker.

when I was checking the drying progress I noticed it's covered COVERED in cat hairs. I've used 8 sheets on my lint roller to get them off and the next load of white washing through the machine is covered in cat hair too.

I've emailed the seller to give her the right to reply before I leave feedback, but I'm really annoyed. am I being PFB or AIBU?

I don't know if I should use it or not. Honestly why type "pet free home" if it's not - I'm of the opinion if you can't say anything good, say nothing at all!!

seller doesn't accept returns sad

ollieplimsoles Thu 13-Aug-15 17:35:40

Yuk! I would not use that op.

But I'm a bit pfb at the moment ill be the first to admit!

No wonder she doesn't accept returns! Can you photograph it to send to her?

Toomanyradishes Thu 13-Aug-15 17:39:32

I realise dealing with cat hairs isnt the point of this, but if you use a rubber glove and rub it over something with cat hairs on it, then all the cat hairs will stick to the rubber glove

toobreathless Thu 13-Aug-15 17:40:59

They cannot refuse returns if the item is not as described.

And paypal/ebay will definitely find in your favour if you open a case.

How much was it?? That would influence what I would want go do as you may be liable for return postage. If it was a reasonable amount I would request a full refund after you return the item.

MaxieMouse Thu 13-Aug-15 17:41:43

There's no such thing as "doesn't accept returns", that's just what ignorant sellers put on thinking it means anything. Item is not as described, if you open an ebay dispute you'll get your money back. Shame you didn't take a picture with all the hairs on.

jbee1979 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:41:58

I photographed the lint sheets and roller and sent that, the pics of the hairs on the actual wrap didn't come out well. I just wondered was I being precious. Thank you for your reply! smile

PinkParsnips Thu 13-Aug-15 17:42:52

I'm pretty sure that even if they say no returns if the item wasn't as described you will get your money back through eBay. Oh and no not pfb at all, I wouldn't use it.

queenrollo Thu 13-Aug-15 17:45:04

you are not being precious. I wouldn't have been at all happy to receive it in that condition. Tears and holes can compromise the strength of a sling, so to be honest I would raise that issue too.

Usually when people sell on slings they check them very carefully for any defects and will photo them closely, even if it doesn't affect the integrity of the sling.

letmehaveyoursoul Thu 13-Aug-15 17:45:19

yuck, I think though you can't do much now you've washed it

MrsHathaway Thu 13-Aug-15 17:45:51

You've reminded me I need to sell mine.

I had a stinky thing supposedly from a smoke-free home. Someone suggested it was the plastic wrap which can be smelly. Is there a chance the wrap was left on a mohair throw rather than in the cat bed?

Maybe they sold it for someone else (sister or something) and put their standard wording in without thinking.

If it's been that much hassle do feed it back. Did you take photos? Maybe message explaining the situation and you're writing to give her a chance to respond before you leave feedback. Maybe down a couple on description accuracy and a reference to cat hair in your comment.

chocolatechip123 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:47:20

Maybe she was slinging her cat about in it. Or the baby was very hairy...

sebsmummy1 Thu 13-Aug-15 17:48:32

If you're not happy with the sellers reply then you have the right to open a dispute and eBay/PayPal generally always side with the buyer in cases like yours.

After a long long time dealing with second hand things I have come to the opinion that some people's standards are very very low they are scuzzy, lazy bastards basically

SistersofPercy Thu 13-Aug-15 17:49:17

open a not as described case with eBay. Not only will she have no choice but to refund she'll be paying for the return postage as well.

Why should you accept a hairy item with holes from a seller who is a liar? Teach her a lesson that she needs to be honest or she pays the price.

MagicalMrsMistoffelees Thu 13-Aug-15 17:52:04

You are definitely not being PFB - if it was advertised as being from a pet free home then it should be from a pet free home! People have allergies to animals so it's important to be honest.

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 13-Aug-15 17:57:28

Definitely NOT PFB. I'm many many years out of any PFB tendencies and I'd send this thing right back to the seller - significantly not as described and I'd stand for no argument on the matter. Paypal/Ebay will find in your favour. As an aside I'm very allergic to cat hair so this would have been a double problem for me. Don't let the seller try to fob you off because you've washed it either. Good luck - not that you'll need it - you can't fail with this one!

igetitnow Thu 13-Aug-15 18:00:18

No you aren't being precious at all.

Sorry, what does PFB mean? I checked the actomym list but the answer doesn't seem to apply. I feel daft for asking, sorry

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 13-Aug-15 18:01:14

PFB = Precious First Born grin

FarFromAnyRoad Thu 13-Aug-15 18:02:37

Just by the way OP 'seller does not accept returns' is utterly meaningless. I don't even know why eBay has that as an option. Seller doesn't have to accept returns for remorse buying or mind changing but if Paypal/eBay say she's accepting returns, she's accepting returns!

chippednailvarnish Thu 13-Aug-15 18:02:50

I bought a carrier described as in "excellent condition". It stank of smoke and has baby sick on it, I returned it and got a full refund.

People really are grotty.

Binit Thu 13-Aug-15 18:08:07

Nothing to do with pfb. All to do with scabby sellers lying about their items and making selling impossible for the rest of us.

Lunastarfish Thu 13-Aug-15 18:11:46

As a ebay seller I state 'no refunds' in my listings because I mostly seem clothes/shoes and have been contacted by successfu bidders saying they've changed their mind etc & asking for a refund. Since I've started stating no refunds no one has contacted me on this basis.

But anyway...

Not pfb. If there was a hole in the item I would mention it, I wouldn't say it's in excellent condition. That alone should be enough for ebay to find in your favour.

I have a cat so i'm not too sensitive to cat hair on items (i lint roll everything I sell) but if the seller said pet free home an item should not have cat hair on it(!)

Complain to ebay if you don't get a response

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Thu 13-Aug-15 19:01:10

No returns is meaningless if the item is not as described. Open a case and eBay will pay your postage to send it back.

jbee1979 Thu 13-Aug-15 20:48:16

Thanks for all your comments smile no word from the seller yet, I'll let you know if there's any argument and go through eBay if necessary.

jbee1979 Fri 14-Aug-15 20:02:55

seller denies that she has a cat, says the hairs must have been picked up during use as it wasn't washed before she sent it and had been in storage.

what should I do? leave feedback to show I'm not happy or go through eBay for a refund? I'm sorry to ask, but I feel insecure about complaining (pregnancy/breastfeeding brain) - in real life I'd start an argument in an empty house, and I email complain like a modern day female Victor Meldrew!! grin

TenForward82 Fri 14-Aug-15 20:06:35

Definitely complain, not sold as described. She's a rip-off merchant.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now