Talk

Advanced search

It's tipping down here and DS2 has just gone out

(13 Posts)
MaximiseProductivity Thu 13-Aug-15 14:30:47

for a bike ride. It's about a mile along cycle paths to the park, where he can do one mile loops.

It's proper rain, I had to towel off after going to the garage to help him get the bike out (he's not tall enough to manage the door). I said no to more computer time so he decided to "punish" me be suggesting something interesting he thought I'd say no to.

WIBU to let him go?

He's 12yo.

Buttercup27 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:32:38

No, bit of rain never hurt anybody. As long as he's not on the road as viability could be poor, which could make it dangerous, other than that enjoy the piece.

Buttercup27 Thu 13-Aug-15 14:32:58

Peace !!! Duh blush

LooksLikeImStuckHere Thu 13-Aug-15 14:34:41

Nah, it's wet but it's not very cold. Sure he's old enough to find some shelter somewhere if it's that unpleasant!

TurnOffTheTv Thu 13-Aug-15 14:35:31

He won't melt!

Trapper Thu 13-Aug-15 14:36:36

Definitely let him go.

Finola1step Thu 13-Aug-15 14:36:45

Nor dissolve!

Clutterbugsmum Thu 13-Aug-15 15:21:19

That will teach him, never make threat you aren't prepared to carry through on grin. It's a very important life lesson to learn wink.

Enjoy the peace.

Andro Thu 13-Aug-15 15:28:37

Let him go, but be prepared for the reality that the ride isn't your intended 'punishment'...the soggy, muddy trail of destruction through your house when he returns is.

LaurieFairyCake Thu 13-Aug-15 15:30:46

Make sure he strips in the hall

I push kids out in the rain, they're not the wicked witch of the west

TheCunnyFunt Thu 13-Aug-15 15:30:59

Nah that's fine, I've got photos of DD (aged 3 at the time) from last year playing in the garden in the pouring rain. She was carrying her umbrella and completely naked apart from her wellies grin

EmmaWoodlouse Fri 14-Aug-15 16:07:58

No problem at all. Personally I love going out in the rain and don't dislike getting wet at all, so I'm glad you're not trying to stop him. I'd only be worried if he had to cycle down any very steep hills as I think rain can make your brakes take longer to come on (at least it did with a bike I had in my teens - I remember shooting right across a crossroads when the lights were against me but somehow didn't get run over - wasn't scared at all at the time but I would be now!)

Lurkedforever1 Fri 14-Aug-15 17:20:47

Yanbu. Dd ( 11 and feral always loved being outside) plays out in the rain a lot too. Her and friend have just been out playing football, heavy downpour sent them playing in the trees. Having ran in and changed, they're now stood under friends gazebo playing nerf guns. On dark winter evenings they'll play in the garden. They don't melt.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now